Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McGahee To Ravens! Per ESPN.com

Number5

"I'm not surprised the Bills gave up on McGahee, because between his contract unhappiness and his verbal salvos fired at the city of Buffalo, his act had grown stale. McGahee has only averaged as much as 4.0 yards per carry once, and that was in his breakout season of 2004. He's an upgrade for the Ravens without a doubt, but he's far from being the NFL's best running back, as he once dubbed himself."

Don Banks

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/03/08/rating.rbs/index.html

Anyways, why hasn't this been merged yet.

Their line was terrible last year. Losman improved a lot last year. Those two things along point to them being better. They also have a decent first round and now two third round picks. They have a lot of leeway. McGahee is replaceable. They could even get Peterson if they wanted since the Browns got themselves a runningback. It's also the second year in the system which generally spells some level of success.

Eh...difference of opinion, I guess. I see this as about as one-sided a trade as you can make. :whoknows:

Eh...difference of opinion, I guess. I see this as about as one-sided a trade as you can make. :whoknows:

Just curious, who do you think is better McGahee or Thomas Jones? Jones was only able to net the bears a swap of 2nds. The differnce in draft chart value, 254 which is about the third or fourth pick in the third round. For McGahee the Bills got two thirds and a seventh.

Not only that, but the Ravens signed McGahee to a new deal making him a top 5 paid running back. A top 5 RB, please. So lets see, the Bills could have kept a guy who has no heart and lost him next year (ie nothing in return) or they could trade him away and get more than a runningback who is better than him was able to garner.

Like I said, the Bills have ammo to move up both years now as well. Keep that in mind.

Edit:

Stats for comparison (last three years)

Jones

G Att Yards YPC TDs

45 850 3443 4.133 22

McGahee

G Att Yards YPC TDs

46 868 3365 3.867 24

Archived