Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cost to Cut or Trade players

D-Day

Since I am seeing a lot of people with the wrong impression about some of the moves we can make in trades or cuts or whatever. The link below shows the cost to trade/cut certain players pre june 1st, post june 1st and if they are cut post june 1st then the dead cap hit for 2008.

Since Springs is the one we are talking about I am going to just give you those.

http://www.skinsfans.com/pcinoz/Cut_Trade_Savings.htm

To cut or trade springs Pre June 1st = 7.451

His current Cap hit in 2007 is already accounted for on the cap= 7.358

He costs us an extra 93 thousand to cut or trade pre june 1st.

That is all, so we are currently

9.860 million under the cap after cutting Hall

-.93 to trade springs to whoever

We would be 9.767 million under the cap

Other reasonable cuts that could still be made.

Wynn = 2.5 mil savings (I expect this after the draft at the latest if we get another DE)

Collins = 1.25 can be done if we trust the Casey Bramlin guy as a number 3. I say make him a QB coach and if one of our QB's go down sign him out of retirement.

Patten - Could cut him now and save .725 or wait until june 1st and save 1.250. (Roster bonus due this month) I say cut and sign Justin Gage, wr bears.

Daniels = Saves 1.9 mil

For those who bashed for us saying we can be 20 - 25 mil under the cap, add up the money spent, where we are now cap wise, and the available moves and minus a Springs restructure and tell me what it adds up too. :laugh:

What about Lloyd? :D

Edit..

Collins = 1.25 can be done if we trust the Casey Bramlin guy as a number 3. I say make him a QB coach and if one of our QB's go done sign him out of retirement.

I have no problem with this because we can always use Randle-El as the 3rd (emergency) QB.

I dont have the link here at work to find out, but does anyone know how many years we are saddled with him until we can cut him and not have a huge cap hit?

It is hard to say, his bonuses he is due will be prorated probably. But with a quick scan of his contract numbers it looks like after the 08 season we will be pretty close to even (very low salaries the next two years) and when his salary ballons to 3.5 mil in 09 we will probably be about even. I would say in 10 we should be able to get a savings. I can look at a bit more and give a questimation on the yearly hits.

It is hard to say, his bonuses he is due will be prorated probably. But with a quick scan of his contract numbers it looks like after the 08 season we will be pretty close to even (very low salaries the next two years) and when his salary ballons to 3.5 mil in 09 we will probably be about even. I would say in 10 we should be able to get a savings. I can look at a bit more and give a questimation on the yearly hits.

So youre saying that the window of opportunity possibly exists after the '08 season. Sounds fair, he has 2 years to prove that he isn't a younger version of David Patten.

I heard CP converted some of his base salary to roster bonuses, so his overal cap hit for the year was around 4 mil..

His new cap charge this year is 3.966mil

.595 salary

3.312 SB allocation

.059 LTE Perf Incentive bonus

Archived