Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Now Presenting the Redskins Defense Lineup for 2007!

DCskins12

Perfect except you've got 3 DTs listed. I say pick up Kerney in the free agency and draft either Okoye or Branch...so that list would look exactly the same except D-Line which would be:

DE Carter

DT Griffin

DT Branch/Okoye

DE Kerney

I like the way you think man

:cheers:

It wouldn't be a smart move to pick up Kerney or draft a guy like Gaines Adams. When you play 2 undersized rush DE's it means that you will be creamed in the run game all day. This year we suffered b/c they would run right at Carter and Holdman (boy he sucks). That along with LM being so undersized and having to play Golston (he's small for a DT), it's obvious to see why we had run trouble. I say draft the kid from Arkansas b/c of his size and speed. Now GW's D will do what it does best. The Defense was good when the DL played there gaps tough which allowed the LB's to roam freely and gives us the option to run some of blitz packages (hopefully Archuleta will step up).

I don't care who the CB's are as long as they can cover. Even though Springs has had injury problems, you can't deny the effect that his cover skills have on the D. Look back over the past couple of years. When Springs is in the game, big plays are cut down and are 3 and outs go up, but when he's hurt, we struggle across the board. I say keep Springs, sign Smoot and let them compete with Carlos and may the best man win (If this can be done cap wise). This way we're guaranteed to have a quality nickel corner.

Go Skins!

If we don't get a 2 gap DT to replace/supplant the Salave'a-Golston rotation, our defense will still be in the bottom of the league when it comes to run defense.

DE - Carter

1gap DT - Griffin

2gap DT - Branch

DE - Daniels

I completely agree with this. We need strength inside first. We can be productive with Daniels, Carter, Wynn and Evans for another year. Maybe we could even find another Chris Clemons type (or Chris Clemons himself) to be a strictly 3rd down guy.

:helmet: I like Kearney. My cousin is a good friend of his. If he became a Redskin, I could probably get some good autographs and maybe even get on the field before or after a game. That sounds kind of selfish though hugh! On a more serious note. I don't care how the Skins finish, just as long as they finish above the Eagles! I am a New Jersey Skins fan and my whole family are Eagles fans. It's been torture over the last 10-15 years! The D does look promising. Go Skins!!!!!

Why did we trade up for Rocky then? ...so he can sit behain Lemar?

What did we lose for that boneheaded move???

It is beginning to look like we blew our highest draft pick last year as Marshall will almost certainly start ahead of McIntosh.

I think we should draft a safety to play alongside Taylor.(Archuleta sucks) I was thinking maybe Brandon Meriweather out of DA U!

Well, thats wonderful. The same Meriweather that was stomping on guys in the brawl but got no punishment because Miami is so used to criminals? All right:doh:

Golston makes me extremely nervous. I'd rather have a healthy run stuffing Big Joe next to Griffin. Joe seems to be the forgotten man. If he is healthy he is a bull and if nothing else, is great against the run next to Griffin.

DE-Carter

DT-Griffin

DT-Big Joe (neutralizes offensive lineman and will be the space eater London needs)

DE- Jamaal Anderson or Gaines Adams

If we don't get a 2 gap DT to replace/supplant the Salave'a-Golston rotation, our defense will still be in the bottom of the league when it comes to run defense.

DE - Carter

1gap DT - Griffin

2gap DT - Branch

DE - Daniels

Depends on if its a healthy Joe. He isnt that much older then he was during the playoff run and look at how huge he was for us when healthy. If he can revert back to his old health than he can be a pleasant surprise once again. We strangled the run with a healthy Griff and Big Joe. We need someone now who can come off the edge and force turnovers to pair with the very quick Andre Carter. Or better yet we can trade down to the middle of the first round and pick up a guy like Okeye(sp?) and somehow get a guy like Anthony Spencer, DE from Purdue. Man I wish we had a full draft because we would be picking in the beginning part of every round. :doh:

Archived