Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Enough with the Strahan to 'Skins Rumors

skinsfannyc76

Not that a simple blurb in a PFW chat is the final word or anything, but can we please desist in the proliferation of the rumors that the aging Strahan will limp over to the 'Skins? I think our FO, despite its sometimes poor choices in FA, have learned their lesson on attempting to resuscitate aging players from the Giants...

Nessi (Brooklyn, NY): Hey, I've been hearing rumors of Strahan wanting to goto Washington...what do you think the Giant's could get in return if he goes? Honestly it's not terrible, they would save a lot of cap, and bring in their younger crop of ends(Umenyiora, Tuck, Kiwanuka) And lets face it, Mike hasn't had the top-team morale...especially by stating he would like to play for the Skins...slap in the face!

sn2.gifMike Holbrook: (4:56 PM ET ) Nessi: Considering Strahan is under contract, it would be tough for the Redskins to get him, particularly from a hated in-division foe. I would chalk up rumors of Strahan to the Skins as Internet fodder. However, there is certainly some truth to Strahan wanting to renegotiate his deal and your point that there are plenty of younger options at DE for the Giants. If the Jints decide to move Strahan, it won't be a surprise, I just wouldn't expect to see it be to the Redskins.

Archived