Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

`Dog Chapman' loses extradition battle in Mexico

prophet

It really hasn't reached the highest levels of authority yet, so we'll have to wait and see if the State Department steps in. My gut feeling is that Chapman won't spend a day in Mexican jail though - slap him on the wrist and everyone will come away happy.

I think if I were betting, the "final resolution" of this will be that they'll leave things the way they are right now.

Dog forfeits his bail (I think they said it was $300K), and he doesn't set foot in Mexico again (or he's going to jail).

The drawback of that solution is the public perception that Yankees can break Mexican law, jump bail, and the US Government won't hand them over. (And you know that's the way the politicians will play it south of the border.)

(And the fact that Dog would then come away from the experience feeling like he'd won.)

The drawback of that solution is the public perception that Yankees can break Mexican law, jump bail, and the US Government won't hand them over. (And you know that's the way the politicians will play it south of the border.)

Who gives a crap about what their public perception is. How about they clean up their own act first and stop letting their criminals cross into our country. That would be a good start.

Who gives a crap about what their public perception is. How about they clean up their own act first and stop letting their criminals cross into our country. That would be a good start.

Their public opinion becomes real important when it us asking them to hand somebody over.

Or when we're just asking them to stop sneaking across the border.

But yeah, I've got it. I've figured out about four pages ago that there are a lot of folks out there who's idea of foreign policy is "the guy with the biggest Army can do anything he wants, and everybody else darned well better act like they like it".

It explains a question I'd been wondering about for years: How George Bush managed to get re-elected.

Their public opinion becomes real important when it us asking them to hand somebody over.

But yeah, I've got it. I've figured out about four pages ago that there are a lot of folks out there who's idea of foreign policy is "the guy with the biggest Army can do anything he wants, and everybody else darned well better act like they like it".

It explains a question I'd been wondering about for years: How George Bush managed to get re-elected.

It has nothing to do with who has the biggest army. It has everything to do with a country that cannot control the mass exodus of its own people. And we should respect "Mexican law" why?

Oh, and George Bush managed to get re-elected because he was running against one of the dumbest politicians that has ever run for president.

Let me get this straight - you see a parallel between encouraging (yes, encouraging) illegal immigration into another country and a bounty hunter taking an 80+ occurrence, convicted rapist off their streets? That says it all right there.

Let me get this straight - you see a parallel between encouraging (yes, encouraging) illegal immigration into another country and a bounty hunter taking an 80+ occurrence, convicted rapist off their streets? That says it all right there.

Exactly. Dude has a warped sense of reality.

No, I see a parallel between Mexico asking us to hand over a wanted criminal and us asking Mexico to hand over a wanted criminal.

See, in the real world, when the US wants Mexico to do something (anything, doesn't matter what), there are exactly two ways of getting them to do it.

1. Negotiation
  2. War

I'm a big fan of method #1. (Yes, there are cases where it doesn't work.)

And when you tell another country to eff off, you're not going to follow their pissant laws, or their pissant Constitution, because we're bigger and better than they are, then this tends to drive the price of the next favor up.

Now, did I explain that simply enough? Or is there some element of what I've said (not "what you want me to have said, so you can beat your chest about it") that you feel demonstrates a "warped sense of reality"?

No, I see a parallel between Mexico asking us to hand over a wanted criminal and us asking Mexico to hand over a wanted criminal.

And that's your problem: trying to equate Dog's "crime" to the crime of a SERIAL RAPIST who was convicted of 86 counts of rape. Ridiculous.

Archived