Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DL thoughts

mikalax2

we have two starters at DT in big joe and griff and we have two good young guys in goldston and montgomery.we have a good pass rusher in AC on one side and the #6 on the other.If we sign a FA,I tink it's a depth possition and not a big name.We also have evens at end,so I don't think we are as thin as it seems.With the addition of a good true MLB,I think we will be fine,but what do I know.we were last in the NFL last year.

John Clayton reported recently (previous thread) that he thinks the Skins will trade down from #6 to gain additional picks. With Golston, Montgomery and C. Griffin at DL I don't see the Skins aggressively pursuing another FA DL. Carter came on strong at the end of the season at DE. I think the focus will be more on the secondary. Springs is past his prime and may need to be moved to safety. Rogers seemed to take two steps back last season. Beyond those two who else can we rely on at corner? My guess is that we'll sign a lesser known DE to add depth and perhaps draft another DL later in the draft to compete with the current players on the roster.

Archived