Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis vs. Betts (The Final Discussion)

skinsfan07

I searched for this and no matches were found, so I am finally gonna end all this madness with some concrete facts about both RB's.

First off, Why do SOME people in this forum want to get rid of Portis? I know it's your opinion but come on.

Who would we have if we did then?

Betts and Cartwright would be it because Duckett will be gone too. Not very scary at all. Fumblin Betts and kickoff man Cartwright. Man, teams would clown us if those were our only two backs.

Also I've been reading about how Portis isn't a home run hitter and how we can do without him. Let me slap you with some knowledge right now. Portis had 3 30 + yard runs this year hurt, 5 last year, and 1 in his first year here.

But wait, I thought Betts is clearly the guy we need because he hits the holes harder and has a higher ypc average? (even though he has a helluva lot less carries)

Betts career ypc= 4.3

Rock= 4.5

Portis= 4.7

But, how many runs of 40 or more yards has Betts had in his career again????????

I'm still waiting..........................

Oh yea................NONE! LOL

He doesnt even have 1 RUN of 30 yards or more! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Check his career stats! :doh:

Betts

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302176

and our 2nd string back would then be the infamous Rock.

Rock

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/301996

So if we trade Portis, we'd have two RB's that have a career total of 15 rushing TD's in their careers. PORTIS HAD JUST AS MUCH AS THAT AS A ROOKIE!!!!!!! :laugh:

And Portis is younger than both of them! Now look at Portis's career stats and maybe you guys will change your mind.

Portis

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302215

So lets stop the trade Portis nonsense, because it isn't happening.

OH and btw, Portis has a total of 3 fumbles in his last 2 years, including 0 this year! Compared to Betts 9 in 2 years. 6 this year and 3 last season. And he didn't even START last year.

That is all. I may add some more things as I find them but not now.

Discuss.

watch people bring up the stuff from the last 6 games when they ran powerfootball with JC in. portis did it with 8 in the box with brunell case in point and when we were in must-win situations last year during the 5 game win streak. before people want to get rid of CP, lets just see what CP does with a physically able qb in JC

We have two good running backs, and then we have a couple guys who play their roles well (Sellers and Cartwright). Why is that a ****ing problem for you guys?

We're supposed to have depth. I think it's so shocking to you guys because we don't have depth at any other position, but most teams try to establish a two-deep that allows them to survive an injury or two.

So I reject the whole premise of a Portis vs. Betts thread. It's Portis and Betts vs. the rest of the NFL. This argument has been stupid from the start.

I dont get the need to bash one to prove your support of the other. How about we keep both and root for both to do well AS SKINS. This is childish. We should be talking about how great it is going to be to have a great running game with these two next year. :rolleyes:

But the thing is, people want to GET RID OF HIM, not keep him and have the best 1-2 RB punch in the league next season. They want him gone, so it was time to prove a point.

We have two good running backs, and then we have a couple guys who play their roles well (Sellers and Cartwright). Why is that a ****ing problem for you guys?

We're supposed to have depth. I think it's so shocking to you guys because we don't have depth at any other position, but most teams try to establish a two-deep that allows them to survive an injury or two.

So I reject the whole premise of a Portis vs. Betts thread. It's Portis and Betts vs. the rest of the NFL. This argument has been stupid from the start.

I agree with you. When Springs got hurt people complained about the team not having quality depth at CB, and they were right because it was true. So, now that the Skins have quality depth at another position in this case RB, it's an either/or thing. So, people aren't happy either way.

Great post. Who would you rather be scared of? Portis with the Giants against our defense or Betts with the Giants against our defense this year?

The answer is clearly Portis is the scarier back if he were traded to the Giants. That means Portis is a bigger threat. Similar to Tiki, even if you game plan against him because you know they are going to run the ball, you still can't stop him. Betts is good, but he's not explosive. If you game plan against him, he can be stopped.

Great post. Who would you rather be scared of? Portis with the Giants against our defense or Betts with the Giants against our defense this year?

The answer is clearly Portis is the scarier back if he were traded to the Giants. That means Portis is a bigger threat. Similar to Tiki, even if you game plan against him because you know they are going to run the ball, you still can't stop him. Betts is good, but he's not explosive. If you game plan against him, he can be stopped.

exactly.

And if Betts can do so good with JC at qb, I cant wait to see Portis next year lined up behind him.

First off, your pretty niave if you think your thread will end all discussion on the subject. This topic will be hot till the 07 final 53 man roster is anounced next fall, or somebody is traded away.

Secondly, did we really need this thread when there have been in depth discussions for a few weeks now. You have this thread on the first page. If you look a little bit, you'll find stuff like this in the past week. The trade rumors have been discussed up and down, and there's other threads within the last week that I won't point out ;)

So, what we have here is a thread with nothing new or unique about it. :doh:

Archived