Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Life, Death And The Washington Redskins

LoyalSkinsFan

Me thinks the wife will have something set up on the stone to represent the 'skins.

She knows the passion this 'skins fan lives for. You see,when you you grow up being a 'skins fan(from Ohio no less) it's in your blood.Every loss is hard to take(I'm talking about a whole week to get over it) you get that empty feeling inside.

But when the team wins, man, there are few better feelings in this world I rather feel.

So very well said.

The Redskins passion that seems to reside deep in the soul of true fans is hard for those who aren't from DC to understand.... that, as warped as it may sound, this bond is as important, rewarding, frustrating and addicting as family! I've lived in NY for almost 30 years, but grew up in DC ( go Landon Bears) and even rabid Giants or jets fans dont have that same passion with a singular focus and intensity that we all seem to have.

So hard to adequately express in words.

What a refreshing and well thought out post. I enjoyed it. And I know what you're talking about. I have numerous Redskins T-shirts and I hope I will be buried in one of them..b/c like you said...that's who I am. That's not ALL that I am...but its a big part of who I am.

Thanks for a post that was thought provoking and one I could relate to.

HTTR!

p.s. See you all in Hawg Heaven!:point2sky

I attended my former boss's mother's funeral a couple of years ago. She was a Redskin fan. My former boss was a Redskin FAN, and his two sons are REDSKIN FANS. (Capitalization only to show emphasis.) It was such a part of her life, that the eulogy given by her elder grandson spoke of her life, also spoke of her love of the Redskins and previous Redskin games she had seen in her youth.

A truly great post.

Archived