Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Draft Blitz put it best...

[[ghost]]

Dan Snyder made many mistakes early, but that was all to help this team win. He has given Joe Gibbs everything he has asked for and has not said anything in the media since Gibbs arrival. He has not acted like Arthur Blank or Jerry Jones, yet the media constantly bashes "Danny Boy" as do many of the posters. Why? Because it is easy to do and no thought is required.

I love Joe Gibbs; I trust in Joe Gibbs. He has two more years left to get us to the Super Bowl as promised. What has been "eye opening" for me is that the "talent level" on this team was not as good as everyone thought it was. Ramsey was not the QB and is not playing with the Jets. We did not have a RB until the Portis trade was made. Our OL did not know how to block until Bugel got back. LaVar was LaVar and, given his salary, had to go. Champ, Smoot and Coles had to go since they did not want to be on this team. Our draft picks before Gibbs were poor. This all takes time.

Gibbs (and the coaching staff's) biggest mistakes were: 1) Thinking Mark could still play QB; 2) Letting Pierce and Clark go in FA; and 3) Having too many coaches.

We can right the ship. The great thing about a losing season is that everyone gets evaluated and inexperienced players get playing time. I think Campbell, McIntosh and Golsten are keepers. The depth will be better next year as a result. Betts is a great backup or offers tremendous trade value. Work on timing with Campbell and the receivers; work on Saunders play calling; rebuild the defense and we can be back quickly. We were 5-11 but there was no quit in this team. That is a good sign.

Archived