Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DRAFT NEEDS. SS or DE

phatboy41

trade down pick Lamar Woodley - ( Shawn Merriman clone ) Lives in the backfield. Get 2d round pick for moving down pick MLB Harris from Michigan or HB Blades from Pittsburg.

This gives us a monster pass rusher, who can drop back if needed and solidifies the middle.

Another wild senario is to draft Alan Branch with the first pick 6'6" 340 lbs and runs like he's a 100lbs lighter - first DT off the board and give Glodston a look at DE. I think he's quick enough, and that would be one massive D line. There won't be a lot of running against it. DE's Carter, Glodston DT's Branch, Griffin:cheers:

This is how it should be.....

We go for Gaines Adams with our pick... if he is not there we trade back and pick up Lamar Woodley. If we trade back we can get a 2nd rounder and pick up DT Amobi Okoye who would allow us to have youth accross our line. (Carter, Golston, Okoye, Woodley would be SICK)

For LBs leave Washington alone he is fine... we use a late rounder on a MLB or look for a undrafted gem (like pierce) to provide competition for MLB. Then we have Rocky, Marshall, and whoever we pick up compete for both WLB and MLB and fill the corp that way.

For our secondary I think we should pick up Smoot and either Samuels or Clements. Smoot has been benched and should come for cheap, and Samuels/Clements would allow for some competition/insurance in our secondary. Wright/Springs/Rogers/Smoot/Samuels or Clements would be a sturdy CB corp that should be relatively dominant. If you want you can keep Jimoh for teams and allow Springs to compete for a SS spot. For strong safety I think between Fox, Springs(?), Prileou(spelling?), and dare I say it Archuletta (I still think with the right CBs he could be a force) we should be able to have a rather sturdy secondary.

On offense keep everything the same, I personally would re sign duckett, but if we cant thats okay too. I think we should draft some depth in the Oline and look for some undrafted talent (undrafted talent? isnt that an oxymoron? hahah just kidding) to hopefully allow for the inevitable replacement of our aging oline. For the most part though we should keep our offense consistent so as to allow Campbell a chance to develop into this system and see what he can do.

This is what I believe our team should do, and this would lead to great success. HTTR.

Archived