Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

have the skins ever practiced a 4-minute offense?

gibbs_deciple

well im talking about under 5 mins left and it looked like there was no sense of urgency getting in and out of the huddle. Altho Im probbaly being a little unfair given the fact that it was Campbells 3rd start. but still :)

You have to be in good physical condition to be able to run the no huddle without getting winded. We aren't. Our guys needed the huddles to suck wind.

well im talking about under 5 mins left and it looked like there was no sense of urgency getting in and out of the huddle. Altho Im probbaly being a little unfair given the fact that it was Campbells 3rd start. but still :)

That's what burns me the most. There's absolutely no evidence that the coaching staff was trying to win the game. Fourth and two at mid-field, down ten in the fourth quarter, and they punt. Never mind that the defense has just given up a 98-yard drive. Then, when they get the ball back, there's just. no. urgency. at. all. They used all of the clock to get off one play with 4 minutes to go. If you aren't in a hurry-up offense down ten with 4 minutes left, there's only one possible explanation.

You aren't playing to win.

I've been a Redskins fan since George Allen was here. I've seen great teams, good teams and bad ones. I've never seen a Redskins team that couldn't be bothered to play faster with the season on the line. Until now. When Joe Gibbs was alive, such a performance would have been unthinkable.

That's what burns me the most. There's absolutely no evidence that the coaching staff was trying to win the game. Fourth and two at mid-field, down ten in the fourth quarter, and they punt. Never mind that the defense has just given up a 98-yard drive. Then, when they get the ball back, there's just. no. urgency. at. all. They used all of the clock to get off one play with 4 minutes to go. If you aren't in a hurry-up offense down ten with 4 minutes left, there's only one possible explanation.

You aren't playing to win.

I've been a Redskins fan since George Allen was here. I've seen great teams, good teams and bad ones. I've never seen a Redskins team that couldn't be bothered to play faster with the season on the line. Until now. When Joe Gibbs was alive, such a performance would have been unthinkable.

Exactly!!!!

chimps.gif

Archived