Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Don't look now, but Gore has a pulse

redman

That's right, he's baaa-aaaack!

Both Daschle and Gephart are considered damaged goods because they're being blamed for Tuesday's election failures. I also think that they've come across as being unable to compete with Bush.

Alternatives like Kerry of MA don't have a very high national profile, and haven't taken a strong stand.

Only Gore has spoken forcefully against Bush. A lot of Dems still blame him for his failure to win in 2000 - (rightfully so, I might add - all he had to do was win his home state, or Clinton's home state of AR!). But in a leadership-poor party, his recent, strong attacks on Bush may provide a guiding light in the Democrats' dark night.

And that doesn't speak well of the Dems right about now . . .

Wny not: Bush vs Gore II.

The balance lies with Florida again, he he.

Gore more not be popular with the pundits but with the liberal democrat base- Gore still is popular.

Right now the only way Bush losses is if he completely botches the Iraq war and the economy is poor.

If the war is successful and there's a good economy, it will be hard for the democratic nominee to win. It still is the economy stupid. Always has been. Carter, Bush I lost due to the economy. Reagan, Clinton won reelection due to the economy.

Looks like the democrats want to go back to the liberal ideas of the past. Thing is, it won't work unless the economy is down. To win a national election, you need to be towards the center. If Bush and Repubs go to the extreme, they will be booted out.

Will be interesting what the democrats due to try to regain power.

How well the Democrats look in 2004 years will be largely affected by how well the Republicans do with their control of Washington over the next two years.

I'm tired of "balanced" government .... which seems to be another term for gridlock. Clinton's most effective years in office SEEMED to be his first two when Gore was breaking ties for him and before he was dodging scandels left and right. I did my small part here in voting for Dole over Bowles in NC to try to allow the Repubs to advance their agenda. Hopefully some things will get done outside of the endless partisan bickering. For better or worse. Things go well we continue on. Things go sour and we can make a change.

I'm on the other side of the fence on that, I like political gridlock, I like the status quo, I don't think an imbalanced government is a good thing. Our most prosperous years in recent history have been when we either had a Repubican president and Democratic House or a Democratic President and a Republican House...

I can understand that, Yomar, but it just seems to tough to get anything done. Neither party wants to let the other party have success so as a result, not much happens outside of a lot of talk. Sometimes I think that letting one party have it's way for a while will spur some action, good or bad, and give us direction for the future.

That's my feeling, by the way, not an expert opinion. I'm interested in politics, but only AFTER my family, my career, the Redskins ... :)

Archived