Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dec. 1: RB Ladell Betts

Art

panel

The redskins currently have a lot of running backs on the roster, all competing for time on the field, could you describe the relationship that you have competitively and personally?

Ladell Betts

Competitively we all get along for the most part. We’re all competing for each other’s jobs but we try to work with each other and make each other better. Personally, we all get along real well off the field. We all know each other…hang out. So, no animosity.

SkinsTillIDie

Ladell,

When the Skins traded for TJ Duckett in the offseason, you claimed that it was a "slap in the face" by the Redskins organization. Do you still feel that way now?

Ladell Betts

Actually that wasn’t me that said that. That was Rock. But, anybody that knows Rock knows he’s a fiery guy. That kind of makes him who he is. But, no, I never said that and I still don’t think he’s a slap in the face.

#53QBKiller

This is not a question, I just wanted to let you know that despite Clinton Portis being such a big star in the NFL, you're definitely appreciated by the fans here. We know how good you are and we would like to keep you signed with this team!!! Good luck starting for the rest of the season, I know you'll tear things up.

Ladell Betts

I’d like to say thank you and I appreciate it.

mcarey032

Ladell,

Thanks for taking time out for the fans. Would you say that your running style is similar to Clinton Portis'? Would you consider yourself a more between the tackles type of runner or would you say that you prefer to be on the edge? Thanks again and good luck for the rest of the season.

Ladell Betts

I think I consider myself a more in between the tackles type of guy. I think Clinton and I have contrasting styles. Some similarities but we’re very much different.

QB Sneak

Ladell,

First, Thanks for your hard work.

Rumors have recently surfaced of turmoil amongst the defense and defensive coaching staff. What are your thoughts on this and is there any merit to it?

Ladell Betts

I’m not going to comment on any of that. I try not to focus on negativity so everything I think about is positive. I’m not going to worry about that kind of stuff.

Huly

Hi Ladell,

Thanks for taking the time out for ES. To keep up with tradition which do you prefer gas or charcoal?

Thank You!

Ladell Betts

Charcoal. Natural.

DCskins12

Thanks for taking the time talking to us.

what do you think of the skins offensive line?

and what do you think we could do to strenghten it?

Ladell Betts

I think the line has performed well this year. If you look at the stats we haven’t given up many sacks. When we’re given opportunities to run the ball we try do it effectively for the most part. I think people got a glimpse of that this past weekend. So, I think they’re doing fine.

mrhogg

Ladell,

No beating around the bush. Do you feel you will be a Redskins next year?

Ladell Betts

I honestly say I would love to. So, we’ll have to see what happens.

the burgundy and gold

Ladell keep up the hard work, what's your best memory from playing on the Redskins?

Ladell Betts

My first time stepping out on the field as a rookie, putting on that Redskins uniform and hearing that crowd.

Blondie

Ladell,

A non football question. How is your golf game and do you get to play often?

Blondie

Ladell Betts

My golf game is ok. In the offseason I play all the time but during the season, no, I don’t get to play much.

Art

Against the tough Carolina defense, it seemed a good number of quick hitting running plays were called. Was this because it is a better fit for your style as a back, or simply something you guys thought would work against the type of defense Carolina is?

Ladell Betts

It was something simply that we thought would work against Carolina. I think it’s something that’s a strength of our offensive line as well. Whatever they like to do and whatever they do well is what we try to run.

tkebigdaddy

Betts,

Keeping it simple, how the heck are you? I hope the rest of the season goes well for you and that with your constant persistance on the field I have a feeling that even though your contract with the skins' is up soon that you will remain a "Skin for Life" Good Luck!

Ladell Betts

First I’d like to say thank you. As far as how I’m doing, I’m doing great. Rough year, but I’m hanging in there.

the burgundy and gold

Ladell, your on my fantasy team so keep up the good work! my question is, how has Clinton Portis made you a better football player.

Ladell Betts

I think Clinton’s made me a better football player just from a competitive standpoint. Just competing against one of the better running backs in the game, it can only help you.

ThePreciating

Dear Ladell,

Your hands out of the backfield are one of the qualities that makes you a great running back, especially on third downs. Do you feel like your downhill running ability is overlooked sometimes?

Ladell Betts

No actually, I don’t. I think if you talk to any of the coaches on the staff that’s what I’m more or less known for with this coaching staff. I think my hands are just an added bonus.

oliocreativedotcom

I've been saying for years that you could be a starter on any team in the NFL and I'm glad that you are ours for the remainder of this season.

My question is why have you stuck around? Why haven't you requested a trade or asked permission to seek one? Have teams come asking about your availability?

I don't ever want to see you go. I know you bleed burgundy and gold like the rest of us, but as hard as you've worked over the years you deserve to be the #1 back somewhere.

Ladell Betts

As far as teams coming to ask that’s something you’ll have to talk to the front office about. I’m not going to comment on that. Why I stuck around? The Redskins are the team that gave me an opportunity to play in the NFL. I’m loyal to that. I have no reason to cause no controversy asking for a trade or nothing like that.

Mizzzzzzz #26

Good Morning Ladell,

Good Game Sunday!! :movefast:

Let's keep winning them!!!

With your handsome self!! If ever on myspace look me up: hint (CLS 500)

The Real Red-Skin-Ette

Ladell Betts

(Laughing) Just thank you. Thank you.

Ladell Betts closing statement.

Just keep supporting us. I know you guys have stuck with us through thick and thin. Hopefully we can get this thing turned around and get some more wins on the board. Appreciate you guys taking time out to ask me questions.

Archived