Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

anyone listen to czaban this morning?

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

"Arrogant. Thinks he invented the wheel."

"Why are we the 30th defense in the league? I think coaches got arrogant, I think Gregg got arrogant"

"They thought they figured it all out. They thought, 'We can win with scheme, we don't need players.' Don't be mistaken, this is a player-driven game, and so you need players. They think they're f------ geniuses, thinking they can just let guys go and get away with handling people badly."

"Talk to any coach in the league, and ask them, 'Have you ever heard of corners and safeties not meeting together? They'd say, 'What are you talking about?' That's crazy.

Sorry I deleted your quote in bracket by mistake. But I wholeheartedly agree, and great post. Especially with Clark and Pierce. With Pierce orchestrating, on the field, the defense. We would have one of the best LB Corps in the league. But now its depleted. Clark was a cover safety. Could we live with his tackling technique? Ah, yes. Has he missed some? Ah, yes who hasn't? I would have saw him at least 2 a yr and raised him 4-5mil in bonuses.

Why not? Hell we would have got a lot more in return for a lot less. What did he truely deserve? What AA got. Clark came up out the dust and is self made (he earned it). Clark deserves to be a multi millionair. He earned his pay day and they just didn't give it to him. Why? Hell I don't know. AA turned out to be a 1st round bust.

Oh he's a bust and Clark is starting on a SB defending team. There not going this year? So. If AA went to Pittsburg he would have probably been benched a lot sooner. I saw Clark in civilian close during the season and I couldn't help but jump in his arms. Where? No worry. There's some bad things we've done , with player personnel, and I wouldn't exactly say luck is on our side, because of it either.

The F/O is just a bunch of smoke filled coffe house bull****. They did Pierce the same way, and the Giants said hell we'll pay what you want. Look at that rookie CB out there in INDY. Hell, he came from Howard. Was he in rookie camp at Redskin Park, yes. So F/O if you're a friggin genius, why is this team so f&*%$# up! To get high sometimes you have to look low. Don't get me wrong I wish AA the best and hope he comes up. Why because he's a Redskin! 16-0 or 0-16 I love my Redskins!

I'm not in the club house and can't really see all the stress points and what our safety's paly action techniques are. Oh there's a technique and how you act and react has a lot to do with the QB play. Play action is hell when executed right. But right now I would try and get Clark back and play AA in the nickel/dime. One thing about AA I would give him a 10 in open field tackling. But the ability to be in position in pass coverage is more important. Clarks tackling wasn't a liability. During the analyses to bring AA in over Clark, I don't know what the list of criteria was and how each was weighed. But Clarks tackling, as a liability, wasn't a question that was asked, because if it was then the F/O is worse off then I think. It's a garbage dump! We miss 26!

Three pertinent questions...

If AA was the one, and the coaches knew that, do you think he'd still be on Special Team and Frost's personal protector? (Of course, he was the one that gave up that punt block.)

Is Prioleau getting a look at how Williams really is, now that he is injured and on the outside looking in?

If Czaban had broken this "inside info", would his head be able to fit into the radio studio in the morning?

1. The coaches might not have known, or it might not be AA.

2. PP knows GW from Buffalo, so I think he knows Williams pretty well.

3. Nope. :)

Archived