Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Even if he is not the problem...

Mr.Z

This one is for all the MB supporters.

For the purpose of arguement, lets pretend that MB is not the reason for the losses.

Our defence has been slipping for the past two years.

Our O line plays like they just met each other at the tue. morning meeting.

The play calling has been questionable (three yard touches from Betts on third and eight).

WHO CARES. Its safe to say that the current redskins won't have a postseason, so why not let campbell get the reps? I dont care if he goes o-7 as a starter this season, it would still be better for the team than if MB wins 3 or 4 of those games (he might go 0-7 as well).

If we cant get any wins, then give us a glimpse of the kid.

For the purpose of arguement, lets pretend that MB is not the reason for the losses.

Our defence has been slipping for the past two years.

Our O line plays like they just met each other at the tue. morning meeting.

The play calling has been questionable (three yard touches from Betts on third and eight).

WHO CARES. Its safe to say that the current redskins won't have a postseason, so why not let campbell get the reps? I dont care if he goes o-7 as a starter this season, it would still be better for the team than if MB wins 3 or 4 of those games (he might go 0-7 as well).

If we cant get any wins, then give us a glimpse of the kid.

I totally agree. People assume that most of us are saying Brunell is the only problem with this team(although some are saying that), but the fact of the matter is that whether he's the problem or not, it makes no sense for him to say in and not start Campbell.

This team will NEVER be successful under the current method of operation period! We could have a five hundred million dollar coaching staff and it won’t make a difference. When your lead talent evaluators bring in guys like Mark Brunell, Adam Archuletta, Brandon Loyd, Christian Furia, Andrea Carter, Mike Rumph, and pays three to four times what anyone else would be asking and giving up draft picks too boot, this is a formula for disaster. Not to mention the yearly turnover and wholesale changes that are made every two years. This team is clueless from the top down and it will not get any better any time soon if not ever. Daniel Snyder would rather loose and loose big but have the opportunity to play owner/G.M. than be a stable winning franchise and relegated to signing the checks. That is the MO of Daniel Snyder, generate tons of hype during the off-season with high profile free agents, or the latest coach who will turn it around. Have everyone in the local media anoint the Redskins as strong favorites for a Super Bowl run and than watch the money come in. He has been fooling us every year since he purchased the team. Look at the parallels.

1999 our record was 10-6 made the playoffs but lost in the second round. In the off-season they made a huge splash in the free agent market and were supposed to win it all. Instead they were 8-8 and it was all downhill after that.

Fast Forward

2005 our record was 10-6 made the playoffs but lost in the second round. In the off-season they made a huge splash in the free agent market and were supposed to win it all. Instead they we will be lucky to go 8-8 and it will be all downhill after that.

With the salary cap system the Redskins made their bed and now they have to sleep in it for the next few years. It will be another 5 or 6 years before we are even competitive again.

This team will NEVER be successful under the current method of operation period! We could have a five hundred million dollar coaching staff and it won’t make a difference. When your lead talent evaluators bring in guys like Mark Brunell, Adam Archuletta, Brandon Loyd, Christian Furia, Andrea Carter, Mike Rumph, and pays three to four times what anyone else would be asking and giving up draft picks too boot, this is a formula for disaster. Not to mention the yearly turnover and wholesale changes that are made every two years. This team is clueless from the top down and it will not get any better any time soon if not ever. Daniel Snyder would rather loose and loose big but have the opportunity to play owner/G.M. than be a stable winning franchise and relegated to signing the checks. That is the MO of Daniel Snyder, generate tons of hype during the off-season with high profile free agents, or the latest coach who will turn it around. Have everyone in the local media anoint the Redskins as strong favorites for a Super Bowl run and than watch the money come in. He has been fooling us every year since he purchased the team. Look at the parallels.

1999 our record was 10-6 made the playoffs but lost in the second round. In the off-season they made a huge splash in the free agent market and were supposed to win it all. Instead they were 8-8 and it was all downhill after that.

Fast Forward

2005 our record was 10-6 made the playoffs but lost in the second round. In the off-season they made a huge splash in the free agent market and were supposed to win it all. Instead they we will be lucky to go 8-8 and it will be all downhill after that.

With the salary cap system the Redskins made their bed and now they have to sleep in it for the next few years. It will be another 5 or 6 years before we are even competitive again.

Crazyhorse, I salute you in that you've summed up with the Washington Redskins organization is right now. And, as a ripple effect, you have Skins fans sniping at each other (see Huly's post about last night's welcome home) and other fans talking about showing up to the stadium with bags over their heads. It's just amazing to me how far this team has fallen. One step forward, 10 steps back!

I agree 100%.

At times MB can look very sharp throwing the ball downfield....but all too often lately he has looked awful. Santana Moss was WIDE OPEN in the flat and Brunell had a "little" bit of pressure at best and simply threw it away...if he had taken time to look up...Moss was wide open.

MB is way too quick to just throw it away, when if he could step up in the pocket or learn to move his feet in his older years, he could buy a couple more seconds.

Let the kid get some reps. I would like to see what JC can do!

I deticate my 2000th post to Mark Brunell.

You have had a great run my friend, and I have supported you since you have arrived here. What you did in Jacksonville is historic, and what you have done for this organization is greatly appreciated. That run last year will be in every Skins fan's heart forever.

But I believe that we are out of contention at this point, and it is time to start a new era in D.C.

Coach, put the kid in.

You know what? How many of these poeple still exist? Seriously? I haven't seen any, "Keep Brunell as our Starter" threads or posts.

Just curious. How many of you are still out there? Speak-Up. I'm not going to rip you. I just want to know if you still exist and how many. Think of it as a census.

(Put your hand down, Mr. Gibbs. We know about you.)

Long time Mark Brunell supporter here.

I will always remember Mark Brunell fondly. He is the one that got the Dallas monkey off our back, and he was one of the leaders of last year's team, which was the best team we've had since 1991. Also, despite popular opinion, I think he has played well this year.

All that being said, I must admit that the time has come to see what Jason Campbell can do. As much as it pains me to admit this, our season is over. It is time to develop and evaluate some of our younger players, like Jason Campbell and Rocky McIntosh.

Sorry Mark, you have played well and given us many memorable wins, for which I will always remember you fondly, but the time has come for us to look to the future.

Long time Mark Brunell supporter here.

I will always remember Mark Brunell fondly. He is the one that got the Dallas monkey off our back, and he was one of the leaders of last year's team, which was the best team we've had since 1991. Also, despite popular opinion, I think he has played well this year.

All that being said, I must admit that the time has come to see what Jason Campbell can do. As much as it pains me to admit this, our season is over. It is time to develop and evaluate some of our younger players, like Jason Campbell and Rocky McIntosh.

Sorry Mark, you have played well and given us many memorable wins, for which I will always remember you fondly, but the time has come for us to look to the future.

I should have said..."Current Mark Brunell Supporter to remain our Starting QB." My bad.

Anyway, since you're not one of them, I'm still curious how many are out there.

Fast Forward

I am going to have to disagree. If Snyder was not serious about winning, he would have the highest paid coaching staff in the league. He wants to win, but his pride is too big to let someone else call the shots.

Quick question - where would the skins be if we had not traded Marty Schottenheimer for Spurrer. purhaps we would be where the Chargers are now, PLAYOFF BOUND!

I would rather him be loose with the money than stingy

I can't believe how many games we wasted on this bum. He's been a disaster since '04. We managed to go to the playoffs in spite of him last year. But as a whole, we've done ourselves a disservice by starting him.

Truer words were never spoken--we've won IN SPITE of Scott Boonell. That's how bad he's been.

Archived