Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rebuilding through the draft?!

mike42

As much as I hate to say this, but I say trade off big names such as Sean Taylor (for example) for draft picks. I've seen more success that way with teams.

We tend to always pick up big names and they always fail to do well for our team.

I remember in 1998 when we signed big daddy dan and Dana Stubblefield (Spelling?) They got paid big money and didn't show it own the field.

Remember 2000? Deion? Bruce Smith? Jeff George? All failed! We were doing so well in the previous year (1999), so why all the additions?

In 2002, we got WR Coles! He failed.

History repeated itself again this season.

I think we have too many chiefs and less indians on this roster. Looking at this year, it hasn't been great. It sucks.

ST, while he OBVIOUSLY has not played up to the level he was hyped THIS YEAR, is not the problem. His contract is nothing. Stupid FA's, aka Archuleta, destroy this team. I'm only pissed about letting Pierce go though. You don't let your field General walk away.

We need to keep the team we have! All we need is a *YOUNG* stud for the D-line maybe a Corner (springs is old) but thats it man! Things are not as bad as they seem.. We gotta stick together through this

Ummm, Springs is BY FAR our best CB. Calling him old as if he is some kind of weakness on our D is just ridiculous.

We need to keep the team we have! All we need is a *YOUNG* stud for the D-line maybe a Corner (springs is old) but thats it man! Things are not as bad as they seem.. We gotta stick together through this

Last year all we needed was a pass rushing end and a #2 receiver. Well, we got 'em. How's that working out?

you dont trade away good young players to try and draft young players who may or may not be good...thats stupid, keep the players we have, maybe cut a few of the older guys, but continuity is what we need...yeah, we're absolutely awful right now, but get a new qb in there and let these guys mesh for another year...i hate watching this and i hate making excuses for these players who make millions, but dont just start cutting and trading players, let them continue to play together and success will come. Look at the 3 offseasons gibbs has been here, the 05-06 offseason was our quietest, and that was the year we made the playoffs. It's because we just played with the same players and had a small amount of continuity for once. but god knows the last thing we wanna do is start trading away guys like sean taylor for a draft pick who may or may not be good. sean taylor has been a great player, but he's having a bad year, who knows why, most likely because he's trying to do too much on a depleted defense. but its not like he just lost all his skills, stay with these players and avoid team turnover

Archived