Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Help a man in need...

Commander_N_Chief

I've been looking so far for a ticket(bus, plane, train) from woodbridge or dc to Portland, Maine.

My totals so far have been

120 for a bus ticket

225 for plane

189 for a train

If anyone could help someone in need of a cheaper ticket(I don't care which of those three types of transportation) I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks Sarge for the link. I got the train price from Amtrak but I'll deffinately check out cheap tickets.

I'm looking to leave late night Nov 17th or early morning 18th and come back the 21st or 22nd depending on when I can get the tickets.

The airlines are probably going to hose you, that close to Thanksgiving, but it can't hurt to look

Good luck

The airlines are probably going to hose you, that close to Thanksgiving, but it can't hurt to look

Good luck

Yes that's what I thought as well; which is why I'll probably end up going amtrak or greyhound depending on if something cheaper is out there.

Besides Sarge we can't take it out on the airplane services, they have to make a living. And afterall they are the transit form of peace :doh: .

According to Amtrak you can get a train from Boston to Portland, Maine for $20.

Yes, we're talking about two transfers, but that's like half the price, if you're really price sensitive. It's a total of about $55.

Well it's not so much as being price sensative, but I'm broke this month so I'm trying to make it alittle easier budget wise on me. And is that 55 plus the chinatown bus fair or 55 all together?

Well it's not so much as being price sensative, but I'm broke this month so I'm trying to make it alittle easier budget wise on me. And is that 55 plus the chinatown bus fair or 55 all together?

Amtrak = $20 from Boston to Portland, according to their website.

Chinatown bus from D.C. to NY = About $20

Chinatown bus from NY to Boston = About $15

So a total of $55 or so one way. Of course it'll take a hell of a lot longer than flying. Bring a book.

My only concern would be where the bus lets you off in Boston. I don't know how close it is to the train station.

So a total of $55 or so one way. Of course it'll take a hell of a lot longer than flying. Bring a book.

My only concern would be where the bus lets you off in Boston. I don't know how close it is to the train station.

Wow thanks for the complete listing Z_L_T, I will deffinately take this into consideration.

I believe it is the Feng Wah bus you are talking about. . .The bus depot is at South South Station in Boston, but the Maine train is out of North Station. It is about a 15 min walk, or you can hop on the subway and pay $1.25. You have to take the red line to the green or orange line, it is again, about 15 min with waiting for the trains.

If you are going to go this route, PM me, and let me know. I can forward you directions, and depending on when you arrive, I may be able to give you a quick ride between the 2 stations. I work about 15 min from there. . .

Here is the link for the downeaster schedule. . .

http://www.amtrakdowneaster.com/documents/De-Schedule8.5x11_000.pdf

There are only a few trains, so I would time your arrival with plenty of time. It may mean leaving early in the morning, and I'm not sure you'll want to hang around a train station for 6 hours waiting for a train.

Thanks Chom, and I may take you up on your offer if I can't find anything better. Does anyone have a coupon code for Greyhound? Figure I'd just throw that question out there haha.

Damn, I wish I knew about that two years ago. I do the NYC -> DC route like once a month.

I actually got the idea to look for that from one of the "stubhub discount" codes here. I just googled Amtrak discounts and found that posted. I was either doing, or paying for, the NYC-DC trip almost weekly over the summer without the code. The Amtrak prices for that trip are crazy aren't they?

Archived