Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Chance to win game vs. Best Chance to win Superbowl

Riggins Seventy Chip

Stick to our strengths and football fundamentals, and we should be all right. Just ask Trent Dilfer how it could pan out. There are many problems with this team right now, beyond the noodle arm. We should try covering someone, tackle someone with a football, create turnovers, quit taking stupid penalties, convert 3rd downs, stop opponents on 3rd down, etc etc etc. It takes more then 1 player for our best chance to win, although Brunell is not helping at the QB position for the most part.

I am not a homer my no means but this season could be a blessing in disguise. Lets say the offense was efficient and we made the playoffs at 10-6 or 9-7 with Mark Brunell and lose in the first or second round. The Mark retires and Jason Campbell becomes the starter in 07 and the O takes a step back.

But if Jason finished the last 6 or 7 games of the season he gets experience and we can see if we can plan the future with him or have to look else were for a QB.

"But Brunell isn't The Problem."

"Oh, and by the way, you must have been unconscious last season, so I'll let you in on the secret: Brunell's deep ball is fine."

OMG! How delusional can we be?! Are you guys insane!?! Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again that results in the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result. C'MON! Ok..if you want proof against your lame arguments...here's an excerpt from the Redskin's huddle during that awful 3 game slide that practically ruined our season:

MB: Ok guys, great job blocking on that last play. Sorry that I had to throw the ball away before the routes got wide open.

Clinton Portis: Gimme' the ball Mark....I can get it on this 3rd and 1...just make sure you big guys get out in front.

MB: Sorry CP...coach says we have to do what we know how to do best....

Offensive Line: Damnit!...Crap!...OMG!...WTH!...SH&T!

Moss: Mark! I'm sick of this garbage!...and so are the rest of the receivers. (Lloyd and Randel El: Uh huh...yeah...like he said)

I was paid to catch balls...not to have them thrown at the air around me and be used as a decoy for this sorry play we always keep doing!

MB: Sorry guys...you know I have those dreams of throwing it to you all day like when I was at Jax...and especially to you like last year Santana.

But the coach says I can't do it anymore. I've got old man legs and a noodle cannon arm and screwed up ribs. The ball just can't get there when we need it to...well, only once or twice a game.........

(Teammates: complain, expletive, expletive, grumble)

ok...ok....twice a year...but that's it guys. Besides, I havn't thrown an interception since the last Cowboys game.

Cooley: grumble...grumble...yeah...or touchdown...grumble...grumble.

MB: *(in thought) yeah..but at least it makes me look better than Bledsoe...poor sap...he shouldv'e tried our favorite play a few times...look at him now...warming that bench and all...sheesh...I hope I can hang it out to dry for a few more games before Joe gets fired for my ineffectiveness...glad he still thinks I give us the best chance to win*

MB: Ok...well...since we are going to get hit with a delay of game penalty for this longassed playcall if we don't get to the line and hike the ball...and since I can't remember any of the other 700000000 plays Al brought with him from KC, you know what to do:

"26 Dumpoff Supreme on 2!" "Skins!"

Redskin Fans after the play: :doh::doh::doh::rolleyes::rolleyes::mad::(:(:mad::doh::rolleyes::(:mad::mad::doh::(:(:mad::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::doh::(:mad::rolleyes::doh::rolleyes::mad::mad::(:mad::doh::rolleyes::(:(:mad::doh::rolleyes::(:(:doh::rolleyes::mad::(:mad::mad::mad::rolleyes::rolleyes::(:doh::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::mad::(:(:mad::mad::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::rolleyes::rolleyes::(:(:doh::doh::doh::doh::mad::mad::mad:

"im leaving!"...":expletive: this :expletive:"....":expletive: Brunnell...damnit:

"But Brunell isn't The Problem."

"Oh, and by the way, you must have been unconscious last season, so I'll let you in on the secret: Brunell's deep ball is fine."

OMG! How delusional can we be?! Are you guys insane!?! Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again that results in the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result. C'MON! Ok..if you want proof against your lame arguments...here's an excerpt from the Redskin's huddle during that awful 3 game slide that practically ruined our season:

MB: Ok guys, great job blocking on that last play. Sorry that I had to throw the ball away before the routes got wide open.

Clinton Portis: Gimme' the ball Mark....I can get it on this 3rd and 1...just make sure you big guys get out in front.

MB: Sorry CP...coach says we have to do what we know how to do best....

Offensive Line: Damnit!...Crap!...OMG!...WTH!...SH&T!

Moss: Mark! I'm sick of this garbage!...and so are the rest of the receivers. (Lloyd and Randel El: Uh huh...yeah...like he said)

I was paid to catch balls...not to have them thrown at the air around me and be used as a decoy for this sorry play we always keep doing!

MB: Sorry guys...you know I have those dreams of throwing it to you all day like when I was at Jax...and especially to you like last year Santana.

But the coach says I can't do it anymore. I've got old man legs and a noodle cannon arm and screwed up ribs. The ball just can't get there when we need it to...well, only once or twice a game.........

(Teammates: complain, expletive, expletive, grumble)

ok...ok....twice a year...but that's it guys. Besides, I havn't thrown an interception since the last Cowboys game.

Cooley: grumble...grumble...yeah...or touchdown...grumble...grumble.

MB: *(in thought) yeah..but at least it makes me look better than Bledsoe...poor sap...he shouldv'e tried our favorite play a few times...look at him now...warming that bench and all...sheesh...I hope I can hang it out to dry for a few more games before Joe gets fired for my ineffectiveness...glad he still thinks I give us the best chance to win*

MB: Ok...well...since we are going to get hit with a delay of game penalty for this longassed playcall if we don't get to the line and hike the ball...and since I can't remember any of the other 700000000 plays Al brought with him from KC, you know what to do:

"26 Dumpoff Supreme on 2!" "Skins!"

Redskin Fans after the play: :doh::doh::doh::rolleyes::rolleyes::mad::(:(:mad::doh::rolleyes::(:mad::mad::doh::(:(:mad::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::doh::(:mad::rolleyes::doh::rolleyes::mad::mad::(:mad::doh::rolleyes::(:(:mad::doh::rolleyes::(:(:doh::rolleyes::mad::(:mad::mad::mad::rolleyes::rolleyes::(:doh::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::mad::(:(:mad::mad::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::rolleyes::rolleyes::(:(:doh::doh::doh::doh::mad::mad::mad:

"im leaving!"...":expletive: this :expletive:"....":expletive: Brunnell...damnit:

Classic :applause:

Stick to our strengths and football fundamentals, and we should be all right. Just ask Trent Dilfer how it could pan out. There are many problems with this team right now, beyond the noodle arm. We should try covering someone, tackle someone with a football, create turnovers, quit taking stupid penalties, convert 3rd downs, stop opponents on 3rd down, etc etc etc. It takes more then 1 player for our best chance to win, although Brunell is not helping at the QB position for the most part.

Ever thought that the team is playing like crap because they know they can't win because Brunnell can't convert a 3rd down to save coach Gibbs's life? Converting 3rd downs is the difference between a QB playing well or sucking. We let our D stay on the field for 3/4 of the game. And it was the SAME LAST YEAR! But we don't have the defense we used to thanks to front office management so we HAVE to work with that.

We DON'T have to work with Brunnell handing us loss after loss because he can't stretch the field like he used to or get those 3rd downs (everyone knows we're going to run the ball or do a 'Dumpoff Supreme".

Getting JC in there helps us for next year (YES....THIS SEASON IS OVER...GET OVER IT IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THAT REALITY) since we can see how he does, how well he improves, see what his weaknesses are in game time situations, and consider another option if he doesn't work out.

Hypothetically speaking of course, but if Brunell was the QB that somehow got the Skins to the playoffs and onward to the Superbowl, why in the world would anyone suggest that he couldn't win the "BIG" one. It makes no sense!

Think about it, if Brunell digs us out of this mess, wins 3 playoff games. I would take my chances in a one game scenario with him.

Now, the above isn't happening so I guess its a mute point. (hope I'm wrong though)

• 2 weeks later...
Call a spade a spade. You're just afraid like all of the rest of the casual fans that we'll go 8-8 with Mark at the helm and miss the chance to get Campbell experience. I'd rather go down swingin' personally. You can give up if you'd like.

First of all, your assumption is incorrect. I am not a "casual fan." I am an intelligent fan, who has been saying since week 3 to put Campbell in. It was obvious then, that Brunell is not capable of taking us to the Superbowl. He has lost too much physically, he is not capable of consistently throwing a good long ball. He cannot get the ball into tight spaces. He is frequently not accurate. He has poor pocket prescence. It appears like he is afraid of contact. He is immobile. He all too often checks down instead of taking a chance downfield. He consistently throws the ball very short on 3rd and long (don't tell me it's all the playcalling). That is why I have been saying since week three that we should play Campbell:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170545

I would like to know: Still want to "go down swingin'" with Brunell? Is that what you would call his performance today? I would call it "playing safe" or "playing scared".

Archived