Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some good news for a change...A good story.

arkowi

This was from my local paper. I know things have been rough this season, but this story makes me happy and hopefully it will lift some spirits around here.

http://dnronline.com/news_details.php?AID=6962&CHID=2

A Lifelong Dream Come True Posted 2006-10-25

Nurses Treat New Market Man To A Redskins Game

By Alicia Wotring

NEW MARKET — John Wyche’s room at Life Care Center of New Market is a shrine to the Redskins.

On his wall hang pennants, pictures, programs, the team’s schedule and an autographed photo of Charles Mann, a defensive end who played for the team for 11 seasons. A nearby hook is the resting place for several ‘Skins ball caps, except for one perched atop Wyche’s head.

But this 62-year-old, lifelong fan had never been to a game until late August, when Mindee Cunningham, director of nursing at Life Care Center, treated him to a day he’ll never forget.

click the link up top for the rest...

This was from my local paper. I know things have been rough this season, but this story makes me happy and hopefully it will lift some spirits around here.

http://dnronline.com/news_details.php?AID=6962&CHID=2

A Lifelong Dream Come True Posted 2006-10-25

Nurses Treat New Market Man To A Redskins Game

By Alicia Wotring

NEW MARKET — John Wyche’s room at Life Care Center of New Market is a shrine to the Redskins.

On his wall hang pennants, pictures, programs, the team’s schedule and an autographed photo of Charles Mann, a defensive end who played for the team for 11 seasons. A nearby hook is the resting place for several ‘Skins ball caps, except for one perched atop Wyche’s head.

But this 62-year-old, lifelong fan had never been to a game until late August, when Mindee Cunningham, director of nursing at Life Care Center, treated him to a day he’ll never forget.

Awesome people "out there" doing awesome acts of kindness, "what heroes"; our Redskins do this too, I wish the team would enhance and video there "acts of kindess" more. But it takes the media to assist with this, wonder if there is any media left that would "show" our team and their "random acts of kindness?"

Archived