Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The NFL is shafting it's fanbase again!

CRAZYHORSE19682003

What a joke about taking turns having a 'home' game over there. A 'home' game is played in front of the fans from the city the team is located...not in front of fans that could like any of the teams.

It's time a new league is started. One where plays get paid by performance. Great concept with ZERO chance of it ever happening....

Football's a sport optimized for TV anyway. The fans experiencing games in stadiums is a small minority compared to fans on TV & radio. And so fans are now not necessarily local to the of the team. I don't see home fans getting less value for their money. I see more NFL fans worldwide having the opportunity to root for their teams.

If they want to allow teams to play overseas.. Do that during the offseason!!

Why mess with what works? What will spreading out to places that already have NFL Europe? This is clearly a way for the NFL to try and get even more money. It isn't about expanding fanbase.. I am sure that was said by Commish Roger.

The NFL is getting worse instead of getting better. Too many stupid rules and blind refs. Now, they are going to take a home game away from the fans that purchase season tickets. :doh:

I'm in Australia, and although i am aware that no regular season games would ever come my way (mainly because down here the nfl is about as popular as masturbating with a cheese grater), i understand why they would do this. In their eyes they made billions of dollars in basically one country. So their logic is, why not have that in several places. It's the way the world is. You can't expect a billion dollar corporation to turn around and say, we've made enough money lets not go for anymore. It's not going to happen. The Australian Football League (Aussie Rules) has the same sort of popularity in Australia, as the NFL does the U.S, and they are trying to do the exact same thing. My team, the Melbourne Demons, are going to play pre-season and regular season games in China in a few years. Am i happy about it? of course not, but that's the way the world works. If big business sees an opportunity for more money, they'll take it. Because at the end of the day, they know people like us will always show up at the gate no matter what they do.

All the NFL teams are scheduled for 2 games "overseas" each during a 16 year period. One game they will be the home team, thus losing a real home game, but only once every 16 years. The other game they will be vistors. So losing a home game once every 16 years isn't that bad.

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

Hopefully when it's our turn, the NFL will have abandoned it due to crappy attendance or a fight by the NFLPA.

Archived