Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tony Romo

onufrymx

Does anyone think that Joe Gibbs will consider starting Jason Cambell against Dallas after the bye week because Bill Parcells is starting Tony Romo sits to pee?

no offense, you could've asked this in about 100 threads, didn't need a new one but I'll reiterate what I've said in a few.

I don't think he'll get the start until they're mathematically out of it. I think Gibbs is being overprotective and doesn't want to bruise his confidence and is still too loyal to MB.

Another poster in need of the "SEARCH" function education.

2 threads at least on this today boss. Also noone ever looks at another coach and thinks ill do this because he is. Do you think the G-men looked at the Colts a few years back and said "Peyton is playing well so Eli must be good"....

No, they didnt.

Even someone this side of the pond who calls football "soccer" knew that much.

In talking to some Cowboy fans today some are actually relieved that they are moving towards the future...even if it may produce less than stellar results in the short term. But to answer your question...Brunell will remain the starter until week 11 or 12 unless he is injured prior to then. With his lack of mobility and a porous offensive line that remains a very distinct possibility.

what really scares me is , joe gibbs is so against starting JC , he htinks he is the QB of the future ... but when is it his time? it might not be his time this year at all , and what really scares me is it might not even be his time next year ..... this is MB and im sure MB canplay this way again next year and this piss poor Qb play is acceptable for gibbs for some god awful reason ........ im just afraid for the redskins

what really scares me is , joe gibbs is so against starting JC , he htinks he is the QB of the future ... but when is it his time? it might not be his time this year at all , and what really scares me is it might not even be his time next year ..... this is MB and im sure MB canplay this way again next year and this piss poor Qb play is acceptable for gibbs for some god awful reason ........ im just afraid for the redskins
Don't worry Batman, listen to Gibbs presser from yesterday, JC is going to get his shot just not this week. He'll be starting this year...the only way he doesn't if the o-line just turns to even more shat then what it is already

Don't worry Batman, listen to Gibbs presser from yesterday, JC is going to get his shot just not this week. He'll be starting this year...the only way he doesn't if the o-line just turns to even more shat then what it is already

ahh ok , i read the script on his presser , didnt notice where he said anything about JC really , let me go look it over again

Joe Gibbs has jerked QBs in the past.

If he isn't playing Campbell at this point there is a good reason.

BTW, as a follower of SEC football I actually watched Campbell at the collegiate level. His career was pretty mediocre until his last year. (Oh I know, changing systems and all that). During his breakout year, Auburn had a devestating running game which the passing game simply supplemented. And a great offensive line. That is certainly not the case with the Redskins. I am afraid that people are going to be a bit disappointed when Campbell takes over the reins.

Time will tell.

BTW, as a follower of SEC football I actually watched Campbell at the collegiate level. His career was pretty mediocre until his last year. (Oh I know, changing systems and all that). During his breakout year, Auburn had a devestating running game which the passing game simply supplemented. And a great offensive line. That is certainly not the case with the Redskins. I am afraid that people are going to be a bit disappointed when Campbell takes over the reins.

Time will tell.

well his last year being themost current year , which shows he has improved ... i would buy into what you say if he was good at first then faded but he didnt he got better over time which is what everyone does the more they do something , the fact that it took him a while makes me want him in there even more cuz this season is lost and we know it , and JC needs as much time as possible this year so we can make a real run next year , otherwise if we play brunell and wait to start JC the last game or so , then next year will be just like this year and i cant stomach another crapola year where we just dont matter in the NFL , we are a bottom feeder easy win for teams and even a stat padder for weak QBs and RBs lately ..

Time will tell.

If Campbell doesn't turn into a great starting QB it will reflect horribly on Gibbs as a talent scout, as he pulled the trigger on trading draft picks for this kid.

Archived