Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A list of things that are wrong

ARSexton

Honestly I really dont know where to start, So i will go down in a random order

1. O line really stinks, seems like we should have been reevaluating talent there instead of looking for the biggest name free agent. There were countless times the Colts ONLY RUSHED 4 down linemen and made brunell scramble.

2. Brunell is done... over.... I was at the skins game in person last weeks and you see things live that you dont see on tv. LIKE BRUNELL CONSTANTLY THROWING IT TO RECIEVERS DOUBLE AND TRIPPLE COVERED. Also always ignoring 1/2 the feild and open recievers. He just doesnt see whats in front of him anymore.

3. Offense play calling. HOW MANY FREAKN TIMES ARE WE GONNA CALL WIDE RECIEVER SCREEN.

4. Defensive line. Granted Griffen is out, but thats no excuse, Seems like these guys dont play with a fraction of heart and intensity of say the Bears. We get zero pressure with 4 down lineman. That is unacceptable.

5. Pass defense. Is every quarterback in the league gonna have his best game against us.

- On a side note, do you notice how everyone "gets on track" or "has a great game" against our offense or defense.

Really I think a ton of our problems can be directly attributed to the play of the offensive and defensive line. They are bad and it shows.

Well looks like we just need to go ahead and play jason campell since our season is done and see what the kids got. I mean we gave up this years first round pick for him. nonono2.gif Time to find out if he can play

END OF RANT

I am still pissed.

There is a lot going wrong with this team, but I think it all boils down to the O-line play. Control the line of scrimmage and you control the game! It was never more indicative than our first series yesterday. Two runs for nothin, a pass completed short of the marker, cause Brunell cant overcome the miscues of the rest. It is this way week after week. I dont necessarily think the players have gotten bad all of a sudden. I really think the change in scheme on offense has not been recieved well by the linemen. They're thinking insteading of playing and thus they are slow, out of position and getting beat. Clinton is the same back, the line is the same line, unfortunately the qb is the same qb. The offensive game playcalling and the scheme is the difference.

Dude, it starts with the front office.

Vinny and Danny aren't getting it done, and a coach shouldn't be the GM.

Bingo. Fire Vinny and get a real GM to make personnel decisons, not the coaches. Let snyder write the checks and Play with Tom Cruise but not make any play decisons other than head coach.

Time to blow up the team, and make a 3-5 year plan. We are never going to win consistently on a quick fix/patch every year.

ARSexton you right on all points. On replys when we failed to get yards the TV doesn't show the other wide recievers. Yet on a few occasions I saw Moss and Llyod in single coverage (not necesarily wide open) but single coverage nonetheless, and the pass was instead thrown short or into a more heavily covered reciever.

On the surface, it seems that the O-line is a big problem. BUT, I think the real problem is that Brunell strikes absolutely no fear in opposing defenses. They just stack the box and blitz almost every play. No O-line can block all of those rushers. An average QB knows how to make a team pay for bringing the blitz that often. Do any of them know wtf "hot route" means? :(

I guess what really gets me most is the O line play and how ineffective they are at even stopping 4 down linemen. Throw 2 more blitzers in the mix and Brunell is gonna be on his back. Many times yesterday I see lineman missing blocks, brunell or portis getting creamed and Linemen looking around that havent blocked anyone

On the surface, it seems that the O-line is a big problem. BUT, I think the real problem is that Brunell strikes absolutely no fear in opposing defenses. They just stack the box and blitz almost every play. No O-line can block all of those rushers. An average QB knows how to make a team pay for bringing the blitz that often. Do any of them know wtf "hot route" means? :(

I agree...I'm not sure that the O-Line is as big of a problem as many think.

I totally disagree with the o-line comments. They have only given up 11 sacks on the season (tied for 10th in the NFL and most teams have had a bye already) and we are averaging 4.6 yds/carry which is 4th in the NFL. They have been playing better than anyone else on this football team this season. They are the least of our worries!

I totally disagree with the o-line comments. They have only given up 11 sacks on the season (tied for 10th in the NFL and most teams have had a bye already) and we are averaging 4.6 yds/carry which is 4th in the NFL. They have been playing better than anyone else on this football team this season. They are the least of our worries!

Stats are deceiving. That does not take into play how many hits,hurries, throw aways

have been caused by poor oline play. When a qb doesn't have time he can't look downfield.

ARSexton you right on all points. On replys when we failed to get yards the TV doesn't show the other wide recievers. Yet on a few occasions I saw Moss and Llyod in single coverage (not necesarily wide open) but single coverage nonetheless, and the pass was instead thrown short or into a more heavily covered reciever.

They were open when Brunell was running for his life.

4. Defensive line. Granted Griffen is out, but thats no excuse, Seems like these guys dont play with a fraction of heart and intensity of say the Bears. We get zero pressure with 4 down lineman. That is unacceptable.

I think the fact that the Bears have a lot more talent on their D-line might be why it looks like they are trying harder. Other than Griff, we really don't have any impact players on that unit.

I agree with number 3, but I think it might have a lot to do w/ number 2.

Archived