Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adam Archuleta

HighwayPatrolLT

I have been a Washington Redskins fan since the era of the " Over The Hill Gang" of George Allen.... and i still think there is enough games left for Coach Gibbs to right the ship and get us going...

i do want to mention this about Adam Archuleta, because i have followed him closley since he was drafted by the Rams and made a name for himself as a hard hitting run stopper.

There is definatley something different in the game Archuleta is playing now as compared to the one he played as a Ram. I know it is a different defense, but that s not where the difference is, he is not wrapping up on his tackles, he is always trying to tackle by using his shoulder, and not wrapping people up. He used to wrap people up, and hit people helmet to helmet often , he is not playing that way for us. Something is wrong, maybe it was his back injury, maybe it was his concussions, but he is not getting solid hits like he did when he was a Ram.

He is dropping his head, and missing tackles, using his shoulder, and this is NOT the way he tackled as a Ram....it almost makes you wonder if the Rams saw something in him last season that would indicate that.

It is a shame, because when he was healthy, and when he played for the Rams, he was a big time playmaker, who made big time plays, causing fumbles, and taking the ball away, stopping the run, and preassuring quarterbacks...

noone ever said he was Kenny Houston by a longshot , but he definatley was a better player with the Rams, than he has shown with us....makes me think he is not 100%

Personally...i Like Archuleta alot....undersized , but talented and dedicated... a hard working overachiever....but there is no way he is 100%...he is not even close to what he was with the Rams.....

One more thing about our defense with respect to the pass. As my all time favorite Head Coach George Allen used to say " THE BEST DEFENSE AGAINST THE PASS IS THE PASS RUSH " and the 2006 Redskins do not have a pass rush .....

I added a photo of my All-Time Favorite Redskin, defensive Captain Chris Hanburger, 9x Pro-Bowler, who never made a tackle below the jaw line, feared by RB's and QB's in both conferences, for his hard hitting above the jaw line tackles....he was a "big game "changing play maker.He could strip a ball carrier, cause a fumble,,,,sack the QB, and actually cover and defend against the pass.... ..something the Redskins have not had on defense in a long time..... thinking back to when Chris played, and how he played with CLASS...always makes me feel better when we lose as bad as we did today....

bingo in the past paragraph - there is no pass rush. Andre Carter is a bust and Cornelius Griffin for the second year in a row has a hip flexor which threatens to keep him out for 4-5 weeks.

I'm not sure but Griffin only had one healthy year in N.Y. as well and that is why he wasn't sought after as much as his talent should have warranted.

Archived