Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If JC Starts: Given up or Playoff bound?

playoffsplz

Clinton is a good runner... But, not a great runner or a game breaker. He is nowhere near the class of LT! He is not that strong, durable, or fast ...

CP is most effective running on the perimeter, and not up the middle. When it counts, he has not been able to plough through the middle and grind out the tough yards. :mad:

CP

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302215

LT

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235249

What i see here is a great back.I dont know what your talking about.Lets see CP has a average of 4.7 yds a carry in his career.LT has a average of 4.3.CP is the 5th fastest to reach 6000 yds.Yet he is not a great RB.Give me a break he is a great RB.He just needs the ball more.Now i know LTs a great WR,but im not talking about that.Im talking about the running skills and if you look at that.They are damn close.One more thing for you LT has one more year under his belt than CP.LT has about 500 more carries than CP in his carrer.LT gets the ball more thats the only difference.

Here is why we should start Jason Campbell:

Though I do not believe that Jason Campbell is the answer to our problems -- there are many more issues than the QB -- at this point it is clear that Mark Brunell is not going to lead our team to the playoffs this year, regardless of whether it's still statistically possible. Benching Brunell for the sake of saving our season is not right, but benching Brunell in order to finally give experience to Jason Campbell -- our QB for years to come -- is a good thing. Worst-case scenario, we give Campbell valuable NFL experience. I don't care if he's not ready. He never will be ready unless he gets playing time. Best-case, Campbell turns out to be a stud even without experience and carries us to a winning season and possibly the playoffs. Starting Jason Campbell may hurt us this season, but it's time for this team to start thinking about the long-run.

playoff bound...just get the ball to moss, use cooley and lloyd more, stop running 5 yard passes every play, start using mike sellers pass protecting because its obvious that the 5 o-lineman cant do it, run CP 20-25 times, Duckett 10, Betts 10, control the clock, stop making dumbass penalties, and get the defense healthy and they can win the NFC east

and remember how involved robert royal used to be? christian fauria isn't used at all

signing deion and darrell green might help

This team needs to stop thinking strictly in terms of "PLAYOFFS OR BUST". It's ruining any chance of ever building a consistently solid team, and is partially responsible for the mess that is the 2006 season. Everyone looked at an uneven, decent, but very lucky 2005 season and said "this team was 2 plays away from the superbowl". We traded almost all of our immediate future away for a bunch of overrated expensive free agents to win now, without taking a look at some more serious long-term issues (the lack of depth almost everywhere, developing and maintaining chemistry)

That being said, lets take each game for what it is. Instead of playoffs or no playoffs, lets says "who gives us the best chance to win the next game". Brunell can't/Campbell can

Archived