Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question about Al Saunders

#98QBKiller

I was actually wondering this myself. It does indeed feel like he's sabotaging our team with the ridiculous dink/dunk passes on 3 and 8.

Maybe he's just trying to get Brunell benched so he can bring in a QB who can work in his style offense? ;)

Are you kidding, Brunell has the option of going down the field he just never does it. It's horrible QB play that has led the skins to where they are.

Saunders is limited by what Brunell can do. Every other offense that Saunders has coached has had deep passes and been explosive. Every other offense except this one with Mark Brunell at quarterback.

In his entire tenure with the Redskins have you ever seen Brunell throw deep accurately and often? No, because he can't.

Are you kidding, Brunell has the option of going down the field he just never does it. It's horrible QB play that has led the skins to where they are.

This is also true. Although there might not be a viable option downfield especially if the safeties aren't biting. Playcalling is a large portion of the problem. And combine that with a Sub-par Qb and you have some problems.

Do you people watch football? Almost every passing play has short, middle, and long pass routes. It's up to the QB to decide which one to take. Since day one, which one does noodle arm usually go for? Sure, blame Sanders for selecting the dinks. :doh:

I got a question for Mr.Saunders are you getting paid to go out and throw away games for the redskins?I just can't believe you crap a** play calling in the second half of our games!!!!You don't have any guts at all!!!Please fire him danny boy!!!!

Who hired Saunders; no, it couldn't have been Joe Gibbs, the same guy who attempts a field goal in the 4th quarter as we trail by 19 points.

We are a power running football team playing like we stole the playbook from the San Fransico Men's choir touch football team.

Clinton Portis plus that huge offense line = power football

Dear Al, why not call in sick for the next few years

Bring back the Gibbs offense from last year.

Do you people watch football? Almost every passing play has short, middle, and long pass routes. It's up to the QB to decide which one to take. Since day one, which one does noodle arm usually go for? Sure, blame Sanders for selecting the dinks. :doh:

no you people can not blame this all on brunell. There are way to many screens that are designed to be just that. Although Brunell was never great at throwing downfield as a Redskin he has/can sometimes do it. What makes all of you people think that he just all of the sudden refuses to throw it down field all the time. From last year when he hit moss for long balls all the time. I have seen the plays and watched the tapes, sometimes there are open players and its his fault. ALOT of the time the play is designed to start at or near the LOS. Saunders is partially to blame for this, anyone that wants to put all this on Marks shoulders will see the truth when Cambell comes in.

I am for Cambell coming in, I dont think Mark can get it done. Saunders play calling however is a problem and I am tired of people using Marks downfield ability as the constant scapegoat.

In my opinion bringing in Saunders and some other people and letting some people go have all contributed to where this team is at, just as much if not more then Mark Brunells ability. If you think Brunell being changed is all this offense needs than imo you are mistaken.

no you people can not blame this all on brunell. There are way to many screens that are designed to be just that. Although Brunell was never great at throwing downfield as a Redskin he has/can sometimes do it. What makes all of you people think that he just all of the sudden refuses to throw it down field all the time. From last year when he hit moss for long balls all the time. I have seen the plays and watched the tapes, sometimes there are open players and its his fault. ALOT of the time the play is designed to start at or near the LOS. Saunders is partially to blame for this, anyone that wants to put all this on Marks shoulders will see the truth when Cambell comes in.

I am for Cambell coming in, I dont think Mark can get it done. Saunders play calling however is a problem and I am tired of people using Marks downfield ability as the constant scapegoat.

In my opinion bringing in Saunders and some other people and letting some people go have all contributed to where this team is at, just as much if not more then Mark Brunells ability. If you think Brunell being changed is all this offense needs than imo you are mistaken.

1) Maybe, screens are call because that's what MB can mostly do? Remember, last year with all the screens call too?

2) Last year, MB mostly only throughs long balls when people are open. He only forces them when game is almost out of reach and he has no choice, ie 2 long bombs in Dallas game. Even than, he's long threws are more like floaters. Not the laser like Manning.

3) Saunders are calling plays to fit his QB limited ability. A) Surpise, people aren't seeing the same short screen / passing game from last year. Weren't it suppose to be different with Randle and Lloyd in the mix? B) Check Saunders previous jobs. Were his offense mostly run at LOS? Nope. The obvious answer is he's running the O limited by what the QB can do. Thus, blame who?

5) Don't care if you overhall the entire team, as long as QB stays crap, the gameplan will still be limited to dinks and dunks.

Look, everyone knows I zero confidence in JC, but' it's better than wasting more years on mediocre / inconsistent play at QB.

1) Maybe, screens are call because that's what MB can mostly do? Remember, last year with all the screens call too?

2) Last year, MB mostly only throughs long balls when people are open. He only forces them when game is almost out of reach and he has no choice, ie 2 long bombs in Dallas game. Even than, he's long throughs are more like floaters. Not the laser like Manning.

3) Saunders are calling plays to fit his QB limited ability. A) Surpise, people aren't seeing the same short screen / passing game from last year. Weren't it suppose to be different with Randle and Lloyd in the mix? B) Check Saunders previous jobs. Were his offense mostly run at LOS? Nope. The obvious answer is he's running the O limited by what the QB can do. Thus, blame who?

5) Don't care if you overhall the entire team, as long as QB stays crap, the gameplan will still be limited to dinks and dunks.

Look, everyone knows I zero confidence in JC, but' it's better than wasting more years on mediocre / inconsistent play at QB.

well it is your opinion that all saunders plays are held back because of brunells ability, and it is mine that sauders calls mostly short plays. neither of us know and will probably never know the truth... so yea whatever.... i dont think the qb is this teams biggest problem, but with that said I want cambell in asap.

well it is your opinion that all saunders plays are held back because of brunells ability, and it is mine that sauders calls mostly short plays. neither of us know and will probably never know the truth... so yea whatever.... i dont think the qb is this teams biggest problem, but with that said I want cambell in asap.

Um, the opinion you disagree with is the correct one. It's what Saunders has said, it's what is obvious and LAST YEAR Brunell completed the fewest passes in the middle of the field of any full-time NFL QB.

Have you SEEN a Saunders offense before? Seriously. :doh:

Its both. Al is coaching terribly, and we're playing like Division 1 AA.

Makes me sick.

Gibbs is micro managing Al. And, that's part of the problem. Gibbs provides his conservative play calling insights to Al especially when we are in the 30 yards on the opponents.

Archived