Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brunell #20 on HOF Passing List this Week

TMSCAW5312

It's got to say something that he is ranked #9 for QB's w/ 10 years or more.

I think that says something, because he was way further up the list when he arrived to Washington. It seems age is what gets these guys. I imagine many of them will eventually be off the list.

Also, 4 ex/current Skins on the list.

What I find interesting about that list is just how great a QB Otto Graham must have been. I've only seen films of the guy, but it just tells you how great a player he was to have that high of a QB rating despite playing 50 years ago when the QB ratings were not nearly as high as they are now. I guess to put it in modern terms, imagine all the top QBs of today with 85-95 QB rating and one guy has a consistent QB rating of say 110 or 120. Just amazing.

No Unitas. No Jurgensen. No Starr. But there's Graham. Right in the middle of all the "modern" QBs and the "modern" passing games.

Very impressive.

Nothing against Brunell, but this list goes to show how stats can be misleading. Jeff Garcia at #13? Brian Griese at #14? I guess they're both better than Joe Montana. ;)

I remember when Brian Griese came out of Michigan. I thought he was going to be the next Joe Montana. Ends up it was a different Michigan QB that took that role.

Archived