Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chip Lohmiller 1991 MNF

radagast5

I've heard a couple media-types mention that Carolina PK John Kasay's four FGs yesterday (51, 50, 49, and 46) were the first time in NFL history that a kicker made four or more FGs of 45+ or longer in a game.

But, wait a second, says I. Didn't Chip Lohmiller kick four FGs (of maybe 51, 50, 46 and 45, if memory serves) against the Dallas Cowboys during the Redskins 33-31 MNF victory in 1991?

I've heard a couple media-types mention that Carolina PK John Kasay's four FGs yesterday (51, 50, 49, and 46) were the first time in NFL history that a kicker made four or more FGs of 45+ or longer in a game.

But, wait a second, says I. Didn't Chip Lohmiller kick four FGs (of maybe 51, 50, 46 and 45, if memory serves) against the Dallas Cowboys during the Redskins 33-31 MNF victory in 1991?

You are correct! Lohmiller made FGs of 53, 52, 45, and 46 yards in that game.

See the official NFL linescore for that game on pages 3 and 4 of this document: http://nflhistory.net/linescores/pdf/1991.pdf

HTTR!!! :cheers:

I wish Chip would have gotten a shot during the game to take some 60 plus yarders. His 50 yarders, particularly in the Dallas MNF game were hitting the TOP of the net!

He MAY have had the strongest leg ever.

I still watch the 1991 video yearbook from time to time, and I always say the same thing when they show those highlights. Those 50 yarders could've gone another 15 yards easy. They hit the top portion of the net.

Archived