Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How to spot fake tickets

SkinsfanatJMU

i know this works for ticket**** tix: put a lit cigarette to the ticket, if it doesn't immediately burn a hole it's fake. don't try to set it on fire or anything, just lightly touch it. the paper they use will immediately create a hole, while cardboard will just leave a brown mark.

i know this works for ticket**** tix: put a lit cigarette to the ticket, if it doesn't immediately burn a hole it's fake. don't try to set it on fire or anything, just lightly touch it. the paper they use will immediately create a hole, while cardboard will just leave a brown mark.

You're joking, right??? :laugh:

You're joking, right??? :laugh:

seriously, i bought a fake ticket to a wsp show in charlotte once. the bullrush to get inside was so crazy that the lady scanning my ticket let me go through b/c she didn't want to get run over(she tried scanning it like 5 times). once inside, the guy behind me in line took his cigarette and put a hole in his ticket but it wouldn't burn through mine. ticket**** tix are made from some space age material(explains the $10 surcharge, i guess :mad: )

seriously, i bought a fake ticket to a wsp show in charlotte once. the bullrush to get inside was so crazy that the lady scanning my ticket let me go through b/c she didn't want to get run over(she tried scanning it like 5 times). once inside, the guy behind me in line took his cigarette and put a hole in his ticket but it wouldn't burn through mine. ticket**** tix are made from some space age material(explains the $10 surcharge, i guess :mad: )

Maybe HIS was fake... :laugh:

Ask the guys that scan tickets at the gates.

I (accidentally) got into the Vikings game with my Eagles ticket. I was supposed to give the Eagles ticket to my brother and noticed that it was torn and my Vikings ticket was intact. D'oh!

The ticket office replaced it for me at half time and only charged me $4 (rather than the full face value). Makes you wonder about how closely they look at the tix (and they still don't scan them)

I just bought tickets off of Stubhub, and I'm worried they might be fakes, I just bought from Row 28 in section 104, but this says there are still four available. Either way I'm kinda nervous, what's the best way to tell?

This is the auction 'seller' in question

http://www.stubhub.com/?ticket_id=35864341

Stubhub provides a guarantee. Sellers have to provide Stubhub with a credit card number to back their sales. BTW, if you are still worried: Keep ALL your documentation for the sale.

last season, i used my giants tickets at the dallas game(picked up the wrong pair when i left my house) and then the following week, i used my dallas pair at the gaints game....they dont even scan or really look at the tickets...just tear them and let you go in...the only problem you will face is if they are fake, then you and someone might have tickets for the same seat which could pose a problem..

Archived