Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WTF! Kili Lefotu said we we're going 16-0!

Rodriggo

In all seriousness I think the only way to spin this game tonight in a positive light is the fact that we can put any "Super Bowl" talk to bed. How can that be a good thing? I think for all of our collective psyches it's easier to accept this team for what it is, very good, very gutsy, still not great at least not yet. The biggest problem I had tonight wasn't necessarily with any one player or coach but with my own inflated expectations in contrast with what I saw on TV tonight.

What did I expect? 1991 Part Two. That is my own fault and for that I won't criticize this team which did exactly what it did last year. We didn't shine, we didn't completely suck, but we fought hard and this time we lost. Blame the defense? Sure. The Vikes controlled the clock, the trenches, the air, the ground BUT they only scored 19 points. Blame the offense? Sure. We never established a rhythm, an identity, and scored only 16 points in four trips to the red zone BUT drove late with no TOs to a makeable 48 yd. FG attempt. Blame Hall? Sure. He missed the ****ing kick BUT nobody, and I mean nobody didn't see that coming.

The best we can hope for is a repeat of last year. Is that such a bad thing? Are we so short-sighted and spoiled to write this team completely off after a close loss against a surprisingly competitive Vikings? Technically that's what I'm doing but only of the final prize, not of having a winning season and one that allows this franchise to continue to dig itself out of the inconsistency that has plagued us since 1992.

Let's not forget that after the 3-0 start last year we went 2-6 including a delightful loss against the Raiders AT HOME. Good times right? Well, we still made the playoffs. We might very well start off 1-3 this year, but unless we start getting blown out and guys start half-assing it out there, don't count this team out. They've earned back our continued support and loyalty. Just count them out of the Super Bowl for everyone's sake. Lets lower the ceiling so as to make these losses more bearable, downgraded from soul-crushing to just extremely aggravating.

In all seriousness I think the only way to spin this game tonight in a positive light is the fact that we can put any "Super Bowl" talk to bed. How can that be a good thing? I think for all of our collective psyches it's easier to accept this team for what it is, very good, very gutsy, still not great at least not yet. The biggest problem I had tonight wasn't necessarily with any one player or coach but with my own inflated expectations in contrast with what I saw on TV tonight. What did I expect? 1991 Part Two. That is my own fault and for that I won't criticize this team which did exactly what it did last year. We didn't shine, we didn't completely suck, but we fought hard and this time we lost. Blame the defense? Sure. The Vikes controlled the clock, the trenches, the air, the ground BUT they only scored 19 points. Blame the offense? Sure. We never established a rhythm, an identity, and scored only 16 points in four trips to the red zone BUT drove late with no TOs to a makeable 48 yd. FG attempt. Blame Hall? Sure. He missed the ****ing kick BUT nobody, and I mean nobody didn't see that coming. The best we can hope for is a repeat of last year. Is that such a bad thing? Are we so short-sighted and spoiled to write this team completely off after a close loss against a surprisingly competitive Vikings? Technically that's what I'm doing but only of the final prize, not of having a winning season and one that allows this franchise to continue to dig itself out of the inconsistency that has plagued us since 1992. Let's not forget that after the 3-0 start last year we went 2-6 including a delightful loss against the Raiders AT HOME. Good times right? Well, we still made the playoffs. We might very well start off 1-3 this year, but unless we start getting blown out and guys start half-assing it out there, don't count this team out. They've earned back our continued support and loyalty. Just count them out of the Super Bowl for everyone's sake. Lets lower the ceiling so as to make these loses more bearable, downgraded from soul-crushing to just extremely aggravating.

That is probably one of the best posts I've read in awhile. You should change the title so more people read it. You were blunt but optimistic at the same time. We are going to get better, and you can defiantly never count this team out of any contest.

well we all know our defense can play a lot better than what it did tonight...

sadly shawn springs was out of the game, and our depth at cb, well it's not great!

during the game, i even wanted walt harris back!

and of course with any new offense, they just need time!

our offense showed it can do more than it did during the preseason.

i think they'll be doing a lot better by the time week 3 comes along!

Archived