Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carlos Rogers quickness, agility, balance and change of direction.

sitting bull

On Redskins.com interview Greg Williams said that CR has the best quickness he has ever see since Deion Sanders... so i search his cone drill time and i found that :

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Insider/2005/CombineCB.htm

6. 48 !!!!!

Best time i have ever seen... and this guy can cover... had great hand (except vs Seahawks last year :( ), great speed (4,35 in the 40), fantastic Eye / ball coordination (remind you vs Rams, Chargers last year)... and he is a fantastic tackler.

Champ Who ??!!

C. Rogers = one of the MOST COMPLETE CB I HAVE EVER SEEN and if he can stay healthy he can become better than Champ.

What a great pick... imagine if we have draft Mike Williams :laugh:

The thing that impressed me the most about him is his jumping ability and makeup speed. He would fool the QB into thinking the receiver had beat him and the dude would like fly in the air and grab the ball. Also the way he recovered to slap the ball out of Shephard's hands(TB playoff game) was amazing.

He's got the tools, but there's a big mental component that's needed too....I'm not sure where CR stands on that front....

I also hope that he's gotten his Pass Interferance out of the system in preseason.

Don't get me wrong, I like the way his future looks, but I'm not sold on him being tops in the league yet....

The big worry I have is the dreaded sophomore slump which seems to hit CBs more than any other position. Champ had it. Smoot had it. Terrence Newman had it. Gregg Williams will not give him as much protection this year especially with Springs out for a little bit so he may get left one-on-one more often.

Archived