Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Riding mower - I want one :)

Coooleeey

I did yardwork for the first time at my new house over the weekend. Considering I'm working with half an acre I want a riding mower.

I don't have boatloads of cash running around for a John Deere or anything. Has anyone bought a used mower? Where would I find something like that locally? I checked the washington post classifieds but found jack. I am thinking something used for better quality but Lowes and Home Depot have tractors for less than $900.

I bought one of the John Deere's from Home Depot. I paid $1100 for the 20hp 48" deck model back in 2003. I have 2 acres. It has served me well over the last few years - I use it for mowing (obviously), leaf pickup in the fall, snowplowing in the winter - and my 12 yr old daughter is using it for "driving lessons" :). I've never really had any major problems with it...they even had the same model for less money - it had a rip in the seat and some minor scratches on the body...they were selling it at a discounted price because of that. Maybe you can find something like that?

Archived