Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Favorite training camp longshot and why

Reddrummer

There are several guys I'm pulling for aside from Lumsden.

Robert Johnson, Reed Doughty, Mike Espy, Kevin Simon, Kedric Golston and the two O-Linemen from San Diego St.

I would think a few of these guys could end up on the practice squad.

Hopefully, Espy will stick on the practice squad & be ready to contribute next year.

I hope that either Golston or Montgomery will give us depth at the DT spot, and I like to see havner make it. Other than that, not too many roster spots are open.

Havner, Ortega, Espy, Bramlet are guys that I just want to see do well regardless of whether they have a legit shot or not. And Although Casey has no shot this year of making the team, he could impress enough to get picked up elsewhere as a number 3 or try and replace collins next year after his knowledge with the O isn't AS neccessary as it is this year. I think the purpose of the thread isnt to downplay people's chances of making the team, it says LONGSHOT in the title, its just who are YOU rooting for to have a great camp and pre-season.

Joe Sykes! Everytime I looked up during the scrimmage he was getting pressure on the qb. He has a good first step and can turn the corner. I read about him when they signed him and it said that he had all the tools but needed coaching to bring it out of him. If anyone can get a guy to perform over his head it is Gregg Williams. Joe Sykes beat Jon Jansen three straight plays at one point in camp. Watch for him to make the team coming out of camp. Maybe unseating Demetric Evans.

Joe Sykes! Everytime I looked up during the scrimmage he was getting pressure on the qb. He has a good first step and can turn the corner. I read about him when they signed him and it said that he had all the tools but needed coaching to bring it out of him. If anyone can get a guy to perform over his head it is Gregg Williams. Joe Sykes beat Jon Jansen three straight plays at one point in camp. Watch for him to make the team coming out of camp. Maybe unseating Demetric Evans.

I think that was a great and refreshing look at a postion. With Wynn getting older, we need a guy as a backup to step up. Evans must improve or a guy like Sykes will unseat him and make the final roster. Evans has shown flashes. But your point is this is a position worth watching, whereas many others are uncontested.

robert johnson just because of his size and brute strength and mike espy, hopefully we keep espy on the practice squad this kid looks like he could be a decent 4 or 5 wr if someone goes down.

yeah...when i was at camp i saw robert johnson and my jaw dropped. my dad and i couldn't figure out what position he played, then we figured it out and smiled :). It would be neat if Lumsden made it as well. I like Espy as well. Jacobs needs to be gone imo and Espy would be a good replacement :).

ya, we r kinda deep at WR, but taylor jacobs is worthless

I agree that Taylor is of little value and I think I'd make the investment in Espy before desperately trying to get my investment out of TJ. And while I *love* James Thrash, he's no spring chicken and we do need to think of the future...I think it would be unwise not to find a way to keep Espy around...I wish the practice squad wasn't so easily raided....

And yeah...I'm on the Jesse bandwagon too...that kid looks sharp.

Archived