Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dameyune Craig

Stricknine

This should probably be filed under who cares, but with all the coverage of Spurrier saying ow much he respects mobile QBs, something came to mind. Maybe Spurrier was who pushed for Craig. He says now he thinks mobile QBs could be great in his offense, even mentioned the QB he'd most like in his offense is Vick. How many of you,like me, were wondering what the hell was going on when we signed Craig? Shows I know nowhere near what I thought I did.:D

That would make sense but for the fact that we released Craig when we signed either Wuerffel or Matthews (I can't recall at this point), who are quite immobile QB's. Simply put, we signed Craig because we had no one but Sage on our roster at the time to play QB.

Maybe Spurrier wanted to get a look at Craig, but it doesn't take long looking at that guy to realize he doesn't have NFL game. I've seen enough of him here in Carolina playing for the Panthers that I knew he was camp fodder as soon as we got him ...

... even if Spurrier didn't. :)

It's one thing to have a mobile QB who can tuck it and run when the play called doesn't produce an open receiver or the protection breaks down, it's quite another to have a QB who is uncomfortable standing in the pocket and throwing accurately to receivers downfield.

Look how the mobile QB's have faired this year:

Daunte Culpepper: Average pocket passer, a monster when he tucks and runs. 0-3

McNabb: Improving pocket passer, very elusive when he tucks and runs. 3-1

Vick: Average pocket passer, crazy skills when he tucks and runs. 1-2

Stewart: Below average pocket passer, average runner. 1-2 and benched.

----------------------------

Pocket passers:

Brett Farve: Throwback... can avoid rush and make plays

Bledsoe: Statue - Enough said

Manning: Statue - Enough said

Warner: Statue - Injured and Struggling - Thumb injury more serious and offense not executing

Brees: Statue - Improving every game

Jim Miller: Enough said

Tim Couch: Accurate passer

Tom Brady: See above

----------------------------

A mix of both:

Rich Gannon: Great at both

Jeff Garcia: Enough said

Aaron Brooks:

Archived