Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Volunteer opporunities in Nova?

Mr. S

I posted a similar thread to this back in May, but I figure I'll try again. I am looking for some sort of organizations in order to meet people in the area, and occupy my time/put something else on my resume for that matter. I am a recent college grad, and somewhat new to the area (Chantilly, VA). I tried websites like volunteermatch.org, and still have not received any response from organizations like Habitat for Humanity. My main purpose is to meet/hang out with people around my age basically, while learning the community better.

If anyone could help me with the goings on of the area or any organizations that would be geared for me, that would be great. Thanks!

(Mods, if this should be in the classifieds, then please move it, but I figure that since I am asking for volunteer info help, I would get a larger response here).

If you've got a set, go down to the local volunteer fire dept. Even some paid fire departments have volunteer auxiliary units. Great way to learn the area, help the comunity, and meet people. It's hard work, but very rewarding.

I may have said this last time you posted this :D

Archived