Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

College football happenings

Brave

Some interesting things going on inthe NCAA world today.

- Penn St. showed a lot of heart coming back from a BIG deficit late and going for a 4th down in OT. Still, they lost to Iowa by 6.

- Nebraska is getting spanked again! Right now it's 26-7 vs. Iowa State late in the 3rd. Some heads are gonna roll in Lincoln.

- Why is Michigan ranked #14 in the country?

- NC State looks like the favorite in the ACC now. They appear to be stronger than Fla St. That will be a fun game to watch. They beat Mass 56-24 today.

- Kentucky just took the lead from Florida late in the 3rd. Won't last probably.

From my first hand experience at this stink college, the Hawkeyes can choke with the best of them. Sometimes they look Top 25, next series you would think they are some Div I-AAAAAAAAAAA school. All I can do is laugh:D

However, Seneca Wallace from Ia St is the real deal.

Michigan is poop.

Is NC St this years ACC version of MD?

Is Florida St slipping from those year of dominance atop the ACC? That would be great, as long as UVA does not take advantage.

the Hawkeyes can choke with the best of them.
If they choke from a 33-14 lead with 9 minutes left they deserve all the scathing remarks you can come up with. :)

NC State could very well be this year's Maryland. By that I mean they go through their schedule very well, maybe even take the ACC, but I wouldn't put them on par with Miami, Va. Tech and Texas just yet. They may get embarrassed if they play a real quality opponent in a big bowl. Still a good season for their program, though. Amato "the chest" has them believing. :)

- I see the KU Wildcats are hanging with the Gators, it's 39-34 in the 4th. Hmmmmm, I guess the Gator faithful are wondering where's the D?

- Nebraska.......................THUD!!! I never liked the Cornhuskers anyways. I see they benched their "quarterback" Lord after he threw and INT in the 3rd. The reason I got quarterback in quotes is because they have a history of having running backs that masquerade as QBs.

The Penn St and Florida games were both a lot of fun to watch. Amazingly, they both included PAT attempts returned for 2 by the defense, which you almost never see.

I was disappointed that Penn ST didn't throw the ball into the endzone in OT. That's how they got back in the game.

Florida's problems were on special teams. They had two kicks returned and set up some other scores with special teams screw ups. Their defense was actually pretty good.

I'm not surprised, IA. I've always been enamored with the deep south. :)

I was actually planning on going to LSU, but ended up at Syracuse because I couldn't pass up the opportunity to go to Newhouse. Sure as hell served me well. Head of circulation at a crappy little hometown newspaper wasn't what I had in mind. :rolleyes:

Seriously OS, the SEC is always an enigma as far as I am concerned. There never seems to be a team you can pick you dominate because all the teams are pretty competetive. The SEC does not have a Temple or Duke like the Big East or ACC do. Every year I watch the SEC championship and every year it seems like a different team wins. And it always seems to be a team you not not have put money on at the beginning of the season.

As far as the Orangemen go, I am glad as hell that McNabb is a distant memory:) That fool gave the Hokies mightmares his entire career. How does Syracuse look this year? Brace yourself for 11/9 ;)

To be honest, I rarely hear about UVA. I know some dude named Schaub is pretty good (QB?). Other than that I never even hear the Cavs mentioned.

But I do know the Hokies will win on Nov 30:D

I also know my folks will be in Charlottesville to watch the Terps win a close game:)

It's all good;)

Thats because they suck! Actually they are on a 3-0 streak and looking pretty good. Schaub is streaky, plays great then will throw 4 INT's in one game. I have some hope with Al Groh as head coach. VT is awesome, can't deny it (its payback for a decade of 'all dirt roads lead to tech' jokes).

Originally posted by StuckinIA

As far as the Orangemen go, I am glad as hell that McNabb is a distant memory:) That fool gave the Hokies mightmares his entire career. How does Syracuse look this year? Brace yourself for 11/9 ;)

We're not looking too good, although we are playing Auburn pretty tough right now. We've been routed by BYU and lost to UNC, and are yet to get our first win over a 1-A team. We beat Rhode Island, who are 1-AA. I'm afraid it's gonna get ugly when we play Tech this year.

Tarhog - folks around these parts love the "all dirt roads..." joke. I have been worried since Groh took the helm. He has been pretty successful with the in-state recruiting that Tech has dominated in recent years.

OrangeSkin - I have been trying to watch the Syracuse game but I keep getting distracted. From what I have seen, they are playing Auburn close. Aside from the 62-0 debacle (you knew I had to bring that up;)), Syracuse always plays Tech tough.

FSF - I say that every year regarding Tech. I hope Vicks's little bro has the same arm on him. Tech could also use some receivers. Last decent one I remember is Andre Davis, and he was better as returning kicks.

Ok ... I am originally from Iowa, but I now live in Alaska. I happen to root for both ISU, and Iowa (its why I loved that both Rosenfels and Betts were going to be on the same team, representing both schools). Since Mr. Stuck seems to be having a miserable time at the university of Iowa, might I suggest that he transfer to a better university in the state of Iowa, and that being Iowa State. A lot more happens in Ames, and in central Iowa than it does over in Iowa City, that much is proven. Academics wise, Iowa State continues to be tops in the nation, in Vetrinary medicine, Engineering, Industrial Science, Horticulture and Agriculture. The campus is one of the more beautiful in all seasons, and if you don't like it there, the airport is only an hour's drive (tops) to the south in Des Moines.

I for one, am really happy that Iowa and ISU won their games. And I don't think you would called Iowa choke-artists in this game, considering that they're 1. unrated; 2. underdogs; 3. completely weren't expected to win this game. Hawkeye coach Kirk Ferentz has done a masterful job taking over a program that didn't do squat for the last 2 years under Hayden Fry, and the state of Iowa is going to have its 2 big-conference programs in the AP Top 25 for the first time in over 21 years.

Also, I remember very vividly the last time ISU beat Nebraska (10 years ago, with a mediocre to sh*tty Jim Walden-coached team) @ Jack Trice Stadium. That was actually about the time that I discovered the internet. ;) (seperate incidents, but still worth noting). :)

Amazing thing about that Cyclone game, is that they didn't allow a rushing FIRST DOWN until the 4th quarter. And we're talking about a Nebraska team that averages 255 yds/per game!!

Oh yeah. It is good to be a Hawkeye/Cyclone fan this year. :)

Archived