Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do you know about cars?

My bet is on the ignition coil. If that's it, enjoy the $200+ you'll need to replace it. Had a '92 Acura Integra, oddly enough extremely similar to a Honda Civic. They were about to have a recall on ignition coils, but there weren't enough failures to warrant the recall.

A failed timing belt(broken tooth) makes the car feel like someone is messing with the fuel/air mixture. Essentially, it feels like it's bogging down, then gets power again, then back to bogging. A rough idle should have given you an idea something was going wrong because multiple teeth need to fail before the timing is severely off.

A Honda Inline-4 will run on 3 cylinders with no problem so I don't think it's a bad plug. It won't run great, but it will still start.

A clogged fuel filter, after waiting a bit will still allow the engine to fire and then it will quit.

Maybe, hard to diagnose without being there. My guess is something simpler though. I think Honda was still using a distributor in 93, my money's on a crank angle sensor, or maybe the dizzy itself.

we had a '93 accord ex for a few years. great car, only thing that went wrong was the distributor broke under waranty. my wife was out of town so I didn't get the particulars wether the shaft broke or the drive gear sheared.

Archived