Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

EASPORTS: NFL Head Coach

EnFoRcEr_uPu

It ran on my computer. I don't know fellas. There's a LOT of micromanagement going on and I'm not sure exactly how much impact you have and I'd rather they just integrate it into the Madden series, so I can still control guys from time to time.

do play calls during games, or are you strictly making managment type decisions?

I'm not sure how complete this demo is, but the draft was ultra boring. No one called me to try to get the #1 pick. Then you just wait there, I saw no option to speed up or anything.

The other problem is that there aren't that many options to talk to players and after awhile, I get tired of telling my RB to pump his legs. Some of the options seem kinda cool but I wish they could do that WHILE letting me play QB and whoever has the ball.

I was never a coach mode guy, anyways.

doesnt work. something about some .dll file not being there. anyone else get this?

I'm guessing a lot of people who try the game will be getting this so here's the info on that file. Direct X has had several updates this year, one as recently as April. You will need to get all of the latest updates for Direct X for the game to run. I had the latest version of directX, 9.0c, but apparently I also need the recent updates. You can get them from the microsoft website, or just search direct x.

I'm gonna get the game,but today[June 20th] i was running all over the place i went to Walmart twice,Eb Games,Gamestop,Called Walmart,Called Gamestop,Called Eb games like a million times but they say at Gamestop there was a shipping change so it comes out tommorow and i can't wait

I was all pumped about this game and now as I sit here and play the demo, no wait, not play, but sit here and watch the draft clock slowly run, I'm having second thoughts. Do you have to actually sit here and wait for all of the rounds for the draft??? I had the top pick and since then I have been sitting here bored for about 30 minutes waiting for other teams to pick...and we're only on the 12th pick... Even the animated coaches in the war room are stretching and yawning.

And the menus suck. The roster menu and the salary cap menu are terrible.

How long til I can at least call some plays in practice on this demo????

I understand they want this to be real, but I can't be pulling 15 hour days on a game like Gibbs does in real life......my God.

I was all pumped about this game and now as I sit here and play the demo, no wait, not play, but sit here and watch the draft clock slowly run, I'm having second thoughts. Do you have to actually sit here and wait for all of the rounds for the draft??? I had the top pick and since then I have been sitting here bored for about 30 minutes waiting for other teams to pick...and we're only on the 12th pick... Even the animated coaches in the war room are stretching and yawning.

And the menus suck. The roster menu and the salary cap menu are terrible.

How long til I can at least call some plays in practice on this demo????

I understand they want this to be real, but I can't be pulling 15 hour days on a game like Gibbs does in real life......my God.

It took a while for me to notice it, but there is a little menu area that is hard to find. During the draft, I believe the ] key sims it right to your next pick. A game wouldn't make you sit through something that long. The interface just isn't that user friendly, and you really have to search for things.

Yeah i was hoping this would be more deep like the football (soccer) manager games by SI. Like you could pick what drills to run in practice,instead of just the plays, and it would actually improve or downgrade the players on your team. This is definitely a step in the right direction though.

I really don’t like this demo. Has anyone actually notice the player ratings there horrible. Vince young's a 55, David Carr is a 48, LT is like a 82. In the game mode the Steelers receivers would catch a pass. Willie parker wouldn’t make a spin move or juke or outrun the defenders. The only thing i could do right is play defense.

I still will try the real version for the redskins.

It took a while for me to notice it, but there is a little menu area that is hard to find. During the draft, I believe the ] key sims it right to your next pick. A game wouldn't make you sit through something that long. The interface just isn't that user friendly, and you really have to search for things.

Thanks for the info on the draft! I may want all that extra time while playing the real game for trades and stuff, but not the demo. I've spent a few hours on an EA forum today and apparently the release game is much better than the demo (which I know is expected). People were talking about the player ratings too...and some said that the ratings in the real version are much better than the demo.

I was against buying it after trying the demo, but after reading on that other forum I'm going to give it shot.

This game is a plain and simple waste of money. Even with Peyton Manning, the quarterback still throws the ball to the most covered WR in the play. You can't complete a screen pass (the qb always seems to chuck the ball deep). Ill just wait for ncaa and madden to come out in a few months thanks.

Omg this is the worst game i ever played. It sucks i hate!! it, i feel ripped off. Now i cant even return it cause i opened it. Anyone interested in buying it from me? i got it for ps2. Worse game ever i swear ewww it makes me cry thats how bad it is.

i'll give you a fair assessment...

if you enjoyed the off season parts of madden, meaning the off season part was your favorite part of playing franchise mode; you MAY like this game.

i happen to like the game. i like it alot.

i can totally understand why some people do not like this game...it is incredibly tedious and takes forever to get to exciting things like the draft and the actual games, but again, if you are detail oriented and like to have control in every aspect of your team, you will probably like it. i found the review on www.gamespot.com pretty accurate.

i'm looking forward to getting some time in tonight. i'd rate it about an 8.

w00t. I drafted Reggie Bush, Vince Young, Chad Jackson for the Oakland Raiders!!!!

But yea, it is sorta boring but i like it. I give it a 5 out of 10. It takes way to long to get to the NFL Draft, Free Agency, you can only do trades at certain times, and only hire coaches at certain times.

You have to be real organized and write stuff down on paper too.

Archived