Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WTOP:Park official Reprimanded in deal w/ Snyder and Synder's house is slipping?!?!?

StevieInferior

Oh i hate the offseason and the fact that I opened up the artcile cause it was the most Redskins oriented update today...c'mon Traning Camp!!!

An internal investigation by the Interior Department's inspector general shows a high-ranking National Park Service official improperly helped Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder remove 130 trees to clear his view of the Potomac River.
But the removal of the trees continues to cause problems. The hill behind Snyder's house has begun eroding, and Snyder is now trying to get approval to shore up a retaining wall before the hill crumbles into the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal.

http://wtop.com/?nid=25&sid=796293

Being a huge skins fan, its kinda of hard for me to hate on the owner but serves you right Mr. Snyder. I am in the construction industry and I've seen too many peoeple try to remove trees from sloped areas on their property for one reason or another (a view is usually high up, but arent trees nice too look at?) Trees are removed, soil starts eroding at an ALARMING rate and then they are stuck with either loosing part of their property or even worse, their house.

Although I wish the Snyder family to be safe, I kinda hope this problem escelates to the point where Dan starts to see damage to his house just to teach him a lesson that just becasue you own a piece of land, does not mean you can do whatever you want to it, espically if it is sloped.

Some might say the landscaping bill alone would be enough for him to learn his lesson, but come on , its DAN SNYDER. I think the impact of having part of his basement sink about 2 feet would really wake him up and teach him not to mess with another sloped piece of land again.

Am I the only one who thinks that the net effect of the danny's tree work is actually positive. I mean he replaced non-native trees with native ones...this is no different than the efforts of environmental groups going after that nsakefish or whatever it is

He has replaced the mature, nonnative trees with more than 600 native saplings.

Archived