Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Woman Abandons 96 Year Old Mother

Major Harris

i meant to post this story the other day. i forgot, until the follow up story printed this poor woman died. sick. and this is right next door (well, the next county over, very close to honorary_hog.)

MARTINSBURG -A Berkeley Springs woman faces up to a year in jail for leaving her 96-year-old mother alone in a car in 97-degree heat with her oxygen tank shut off for more than an hour while she got her nails done.

follow up article.

This sort of thing is the reason I pray that I die at a respectable age while I can still take care of myself. Before I get to the point where I would need that sort of assistance. Especially since I won't have a spouse or any children to take care of me.

Of course, I don't know how the funeral home is going to deal with the "burial" requirements in my will, but that's THEIR problem, not mine.

This sort of thing is the reason I pray that I die at a respectable age while I can still take care of myself. Before I get to the point where I would need that sort of assistance. Especially since I won't have a spouse or any children to take care of me.

this exact same situation is happenning with my grandpa.. He basically needs assistance to do everything from standing up to go to the bathroom and everything.. Hes just living to live

It takes "more than an hour" to do nails?

This story sounds like a "knee jerk" reaction to me.

I remember my great great grandmother. She was 99 and had more fire in her than my great grandparents.

She probably turned her own oxygen off, and decided to sit in the car. I mean, who wants to sniff fingernail polish.

I don't know any of the facts, but I'm going to guess this gets tossed out of court.

I remember my great great grandmother. She was 99 and had more fire in her than my great grandparents.

She probably turned her own oxygen off, and decided to sit in the car. I mean, who wants to sniff fingernail polish.

I don't know any of the facts, but I'm going to guess this gets tossed out of court.

I take it you've never had to wait for a woman to get her nails done. One hour is the minimum. If she's getting fakes w/bling, it's 2 + hours.

I take it you've never had to wait for a woman to get her nails done. One hour is the minimum. If she's getting fakes w/bling, it's 2 + hours.

Yup.

This is just as despicable as leaving a young child in those circumstances. It sounds as though this person was just as helpless as an infant, and maybe even more infirm.

You don't know any of the facts because you clearly didn't read the article.

Fox's daughter McCarty, of Pious Ridge Road, was charged with one misdemeanor count of abuse or neglect of an incapacitated adult in connection to the April 29 incident at the Martinsburg Mall.
Neely spoke to two of the medics, who said a witness called 911 because a 96-year-old woman was crying out for help.

Archived