Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(OT) Little girl getting beaten in Indiana...

Potato Sack

...anyone seen this video? A four-year-old girl is beaten in the face by her mother for no apparent reason. Surveillance video caught it. The woman -- last name's Toogood (how ironic) -- is now on the run. Watch the news, pay close attention to the vehicle and what the woman looks like. Then, if you come across her, beat the sh!t out of her before you call the cops!

This would be the one time that I would forget all the stuff about never hitting a woman. Anyone who does what she did is not a woman or a human being for that matter. It would be very difficult for me not to kick the living **** out of her and leave her *** on the side of the road. There is ABSOLUTELY no sense for any adult to do what she did to that child.

I haven't seen that video, but made me think of the news last night. In a town just outside of Boston, a woman called 911 and said her baby wasn't breathing. When the paramedics got there a police officer was giving the baby CPR, they rushed the infant to the hospital where the Doctors told the cops it was a beating.

It turns out the father beat his 6 week old son, and is now in jail without bail awaiting trial for intentionally harming an infant. When I heard it was the father, I'm a father of 3, all I said was FRY HIS ***.

I don't know if I can watch a video of someone beating a child, it makes me sick just thinking about it. I agree with all the posts here, if I saw someone, male or female, I would not be able to stop myself from giving them a serious beating. They should do to them what I think they should do to rapist, Hang them from their balls until blue in the toes.

In the case of the woman beating the child, I think we could come up with something just as painfull.

This link gives insight into the woman and the group called the "Travelers." They are from the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

In 2000, 5 chidren were killed in an automobile accident. Part of the story:

"The group, which was spending the winter at recreational vehicle parks in White Settlement, found itself in the spotlight in January 2000 when five of their young members were killed in a wreck on Interstate 30 in Fort Worth. In investigating the accident, one of the worst in city history, police learned that none of the boys was older than 14 and four of them were carrying false driver's licenses misrepresenting their ages. Relatives of the boys declined at the time to talk about the Travellers' culture or the victims, who were killed when their westbound pickup veered out of control, flipped over the I-30 median and crashed upside down on top of an eastbound pickup.

As you can see, this woman may NOT show up tomorrow.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/startelegram/4117051.htm

Blondie

"Band of Gypsies" Jimi Hendrix

Thanks Blondie and yes GoSkins I saw the video four times, and my better half cried like a baby when she saw it.

I can't explain the level of pissdom I was on when I saw it, but punching wouldn't justify what her due is.

We had a series of Tornadoes here (Friday) and it looks like an atomic bomb levled central Indiana, just maybe the woman's gotten flatten by it.

I also thought the "Travelers" were those folks that did bull jive repair work on homes, shoddy at best and rob people when they are away from home, ripping off merchants in exchanges and disappearing after when being questioned by police, civil groups.

I really didn't bother to follow the links...I accept the fact that people abuse the heck out of kids because I deal with it every day. In fact, I'm the lawyer who represents the parents in these situations.

I'd love to say there's just one simple face to human evil and if we merely eradicate it, all the violence would end. But it's unfortunately not true.

Believe me, I'm not condoning violence against children...I'm not excusing it. But the perpetrators are just people. They don't wear black. They're not Satan worshippers.

Often they're just lost folks who were themselves whipped on when they were kids. Or they're druggies/alcoholics consumed by the selfishness of their habit. Or they're folks with low coping skills who have little help from families or spouses and just reach the end of their rope and they snap. Unfortunately, when they snap, they strike out and the ones closest to them are the kids.

If we as a society decide that we're going to imprison all child abusers or execute them, I suppose that's o.k. Just be prepared for a staggering number of executions and imprisonments.

I'm looking at a desk with stacks of files. Each file represents a parent accused of sexually, physically, or medically abusing a child (or children). There are a least fifty just in view. Sigh.....

I got three more yesterday. One sexual abuse of a developmentally disabled 6 year old, one beating and one kid who's Mom left her with friends so she could go partying/drugging and didn't come back.

If we can get the parents to straighten up and get their lives in order we probably do the greatest good to the greatest number of people, but there are a fair number of parents who are just not susceptible to improvement. So we terminate their parental rights and place the kids for adoption.

It'd sure be nice if people would stop indiscriminately having children. Or failing to support the children they bring into the world.

Being a parent is the only job which comes with NO training. Even if you are going to be in charge of french fries at McDonlds...you get training. So many parents have NO clue how to be parents.

Being an educator, I too see the abuse that is heaped upon children. My intership in college was at a home for abused and neglected children. How adults could do such horrible things to children is beyond what I can comprehend. And yet, those same children will defend their parents to anyone and everyone.

I am a licensed counselor...I have conducted group therapy with students and their parents. So many times, this abusvie behavior began several generations ago.

As I am now a principal, working with deaf children, ages 0 months --21 years, I can not tell you how frustrating it is to have a child who you think might be being abused, but they don't have enough communication skills, or know enough sign language to explain what is happening to them.

It is rough out there. Each of us should do as much as we can to end this travesty among our children.

Blondie

The thing about this problem with this woman is that the longer she decides to wait before turning herself in, the longer we have no evidence other than that video tape. In the time it would take for her to turn herself in, if ever, bruises are healing and the little girl is being coached on what story to tell. I don't like this one bit.

As far as the Travelers to, I've read a little about them and their lifestyle over the years. They are a bunch of frauds and scam artists, a modern American group of gypsies. Amazingly, they lead by all appearances normal lives, and they certainly make good amounts of money.

They or a similar group were the ones who staged a sexual assault in a Disney hotel, involving one of them complaining about a fictiticious strange-looking/threatening man who was loitering around the hotel (to put the hotel on legal notice of a potential danger), and another one actually going so far as to literally be beaten and hospitalized for her injuries. She of course "identified" that fictitious man as the perpetrator, and then sued the hotel on a premises liability theory alleging inadequate security response to a potentially dangerous man on their premises.

Only because the physical evidence didn't completely make sense, and because the co-conspirator got in a fight with the "injured" woman and copped the whole scheme to the police were these two clowns caught.

Anyway, that's what we're dealing with here.

Blondie...if you're working with the children, you know that in most situations, no matter how egregious the abuse, the kids still love their mom and dad. It's just one of those biological imperatives.

GoSkins...thanks for the kind words. I think one of the reasons I've held on so tightly to Redskin football is that it gives me a pleasant escape into a world where things are clearly delineated...there's good (us) and evil (them).

One story before I get off the soapbox. I represented a single mom with two kids who was accused of physically abusing them. She worked a factory job and was having trouble getting the kids ready for school on morning. They were whiny and she was rushed and in no mood for a load of crap from them. She whipped the livin' bejeezus out of them with an extension cord or something. The photos were pretty graphic and everyone hated the 'bad mom'. She made a terrible decision in the heat of anger.

The Judge lectured her about what an evil person she was to have done such a thing. The Dept. of Children's Services put the kids into foster homes (even though they desparately wanted to be with Mom). The D.A. filed charges against her for aggravated child abuse.

Everyone happy so far? We've jumped in and begun the punishment....

So Mom loses her factory job because she has to go to Court about a dozen times in a couple of months and has to report to various probation officers and social workers for parenting classes. She can't get another factory job or any type of work where there's hope of advancement because she now has a felony conviction on her record (she had to accept a plea bargain - you can't go before a jury on such a charge). Eventually she got the kids back (that's always my goal).

And now she and the kids will always live in a crappy apartment or mobile home. They won't have nice designer clothes. They won't be going out to eat. They won't be on the Internet. They'll be the poor kids your kids will shun when they reach high school. Mom will never, never be able to earn much more than $6.50 per hour regardless of what she tries (she did go back and get a GED and wanted to go to community college). And the kids' worthless Dad still doesn't pay a penny in child support. Mom had to pay every extra bit of money (and don't you know there's a load of 'extra money' when you're on minimum wage) paying her probation fees.

I guess we showed her.....

I've never had to raise kids on my own. I have two stepkids and it never ceases to amaze me how much work it takes. My wife (also a lawyer) and I were at my stepson's football game in another county and didn't get home last night till about midnight.

We're educated...priviledged....we have the extended support of grandparents, aunts and uncles....and it's still hard.

And if you owe child support, just pay it. Stop whining about how unfair it is to have to pay the mother of your children. (And to be fair, if you're a non-custodial mom, pay up - their non-payment rates are even worse than the dads). That's something you can do to prevent child abuse.

(Sorry...long soap box)

I love ya TC, so I'm going to refrain from getting off on a tangent about defense lawyers. I just don't understand how you can even comprehend defending a person who beats their child.

I don't buy the psychological crap. There's no need to dig too deep into the matter. You beat your child, you're a filthy scumbag. I don't care if Bubba left you or if you have 6 jobs. There are no excuses for hurting another human being, let alone a child.

There is NO reason to BEAT a kid....period. Spanking, I have no problem with, but there is a line. I don't care about your enviroment, how you were brought up, that you are too weak a person to give up dope or booze.........none of that is an excuse. I have two children, and Lord knows some days they take me to the end of my rope, especially the newborn, but that is were composure and self control come into effect. If you can't handle yourself and take your frustrations out on something else, if the only thing you can do is take it out on a 40 lbs kid, then you're a piece of sh!t in my book, and I submit that you are the one that needs the a$$ kicking.

TC I agree with you on the fact that it is not easy to raise a child but never, never does that make it excusable to hit a child with a extension cord. But as a parent I can understand loosing your temper with a child just can't understand being mad turns into a beating, maybe a sore rear end but nothing more. What happens next time some single hard working mom flips out and little suzy ends up dead? I wish we could find a way to stop this but who knows how.

Also deadbeat dads need to be taken care of also, if you have a child and don't pay then you are about as low as you get.

Archived