Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP - Redskins' Taylor Has New Trial Date of July 10

JimmiJo

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/08/AR2006050801437.html

Redskins' Taylor Has New Trial Date of July 10

Tuesday, May 9, 2006; Page E02

The oft-delayed trial of Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor was postponed again yesterday in a Miami court, with the new trial date of July 10 likely to be about three weeks before the opening of training camp.

A continuance, the seventh delay in the case, was granted at the request of the Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office, which introduced a new lead attorney, Abe Laeser , after prosecutor Mike Grieco resigned nearly a month ago.

Taylor's attorney, Richard Sharpstein , said the date represented the earliest time both sides had clear calendars and that he expected Taylor to meet all of his obligations with the Redskins. Sharpstein said Taylor was currently in Washington and would remain there working out.

Click on link for full article...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/08/AR2006050801437.html

Redskins' Taylor Has New Trial Date of July 10

Tuesday, May 9, 2006; Page E02

The oft-delayed trial of Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor was postponed again yesterday in a Miami court, with the new trial date of July 10 likely to be about three weeks before the opening of training camp.

A continuance, the seventh delay in the case, was granted at the request of the Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office, which introduced a new lead attorney, Abe Laeser , after prosecutor Mike Grieco resigned nearly a month ago.

Taylor's attorney, Richard Sharpstein , said the date represented the earliest time both sides had clear calendars and that he expected Taylor to meet all of his obligations with the Redskins. Sharpstein said Taylor was currently in Washington and would remain there working out.

Click on link for full article...

thanks for the rookie camp coverage and everything, but, in line with what you said about how you got that privilage by, among other things, not posting duplicate threads.... theres another thread on this already. :-)

thanks for the rookie camp coverage and everything, but, in line with what you said about how you got that privilage by, among other things, not posting duplicate threads.... theres another thread on this already. :-)

Thanks for chipping in and looking out for offenders but, for the record, if a new source publishes it we post it. Often a newer article from a different source will have updated information.

Thanks for allowing me to help the site even more and please feel free to pass this along in the future :silly: .

Now, if I posted the same article, I should be corrected indeed.

Oh, just to be clear, you are correct for duplicate threads, this only applies to news articles.

Thanks!

Thanks for chipping in and looking out for offenders but, for the record, if a new source publishes it we post it. Often a newer article from a different source will have updated information.

Thanks for allowing me to help the site even more and please feel free to pass this along in the future :silly: .

Now, if I posted the same article, I should be corrected indeed.

Oh, just to be clear, you are correct for duplicate threads, this only applies to news articles.

Thanks!

Just for the sake of being obnoxioius, and because i love sarcasm (the un-mean kind), I have to ask, then what is the "breaking news" forum for?

Just for the sake of being obnoxioius, and because i love sarcasm (the un-mean kind), I have to ask, then what is the "breaking news" forum for?

You are doing a great with both!

Now, as to your question:

If you have ever tried to post in Breaking News you will see that it is a restricted sub-forum. Everything you post, even everything I post is not immediately posted but is first reviewed by a mod. As a result, there is not a lot of thread turnover and it becomes a good repository for all of the news articles.

But breaking news does not foster the conversations that the Stadium does. So of late things have been going in both breaking news and stadium. This is tenable as this is the offseason and Redskins' news is scarce.

Come training camp and beyond there is so much news out there that only news of import is put in stadium (usually).

All that being said, Bubba9497, who was the newshound prior to myself and Haphazard (my news partner) may swoop in and correct me, but I think this is pretty close to how we do it here.

Of course, if one is looking for just news when visiting here, it's alot easier to find the news in a forum dedicated for just that, instead of wading through alot of other stuff to find it.

Of course, if one is looking for just news when visiting here, it's alot easier to find the news in a forum dedicated for just that, instead of wading through alot of other stuff to find it.

Awesome sig PCS.

Yep. I generally check out the Breaking News first, then if I have time and something to say about an article, I find the corresponding thread in the Stadium and have at it.

With this article, I find it interesting that they mention Greico's resignation initially, but then later on, they use the same word and say he resigned from the case. Very misleading. He didn't just pull himself from the case, he resigned. He no longer works there.

... prosecutor Mike Grieco resigned nearly a month ago.

Grieco resigned from the case April 12 after the defense alleged he was using the case to promote his side career as a Miami Beach disc jockey. Sharpstein said his motion to dismiss the case for prosecutorial misconduct remains pending.

They never seem to have any problems repeating detail after detail of Sean Taylor's alleged actions, over and over again. But they can't bring themselves to print and information about the prosecuting attorney's bizarre actions which led to him leaving the case and resigning? He published it on the world wide web himself for everyone to see. The least they could have done was to mention the link to his press clippings, which is the basis of the pending prosecutorial misconduct motion. And there was so much more...

This was huge and it seems to be treated as just another delay in the trial.

You are doing a great with both!

Now, as to your question:

If you have ever tried to post in Breaking News you will see that it is a restricted sub-forum. Everything you post, even everything I post is not immediately posted but is first reviewed by a mod. As a result, there is not a lot of thread turnover and it becomes a good repository for all of the news articles.

But breaking news does not foster the conversations that the Stadium does. So of late things have been going in both breaking news and stadium. This is tenable as this is the offseason and Redskins' news is scarce.

Come training camp and beyond there is so much news out there that only news of import is put in stadium (usually).

All that being said, Bubba9497, who was the newshound prior to myself and Haphazard (my news partner) may swoop in and correct me, but I think this is pretty close to how we do it here.

youre breakin' my heart, jimmijo, you're breakin' my heart!

I guess my thought was that new articles could just be posted in the breaking news forum, and everything else would be merged into one thread in the stadium. i'm sure we could scour the net and find 10 articles on taylors trial being postponed again. but do we really need 10 threads on the subject? or would one thread suffice?

I guess my thought was that new articles could just be posted in the breaking news forum, and everything else would be merged into one thread in the stadium. i'm sure we could scour the net and find 10 articles on taylors trial being postponed again. but do we really need 10 threads on the subject? or would one thread suffice?

How about you PM him about this instead of filling the thread with off-topic posts?

Having the last word is pretty important stuff huh? :laugh:

Ok, you reply and I won't.....

How about you PM him about this instead of filling the thread with off-topic posts?

Could we just change the title of this thread to "Talk Show vs. Jimijo: Duplicate Thread Discussion," instead? There's several pages of Sean Taylor Trial discussion in the other thread.... and now we're back to where we started. its really confusing when theres 2 threads talking about the same thing. I have a hard time remembering who said what in which thread when. But you know, as they say, if you cant beat 'em, join 'em! I found an article on espn about Taylor, and there isnt a thread for that particular article yet, so i'm thinking about making one, so we can discuss the situation there too! I'll keep looking. By the end of the day, there will be atleast 20 Sean Taylor threads and all the members here at ES can chose which thread they want to discuss it in! MUUUAAAAHHHHAAAAA (Maniacal laugh)

Ok, i've had my fun. Thanks for bein a good sport Jimmijo! :cheers:

Archived