Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mel's grade of the Skins draft... C

bigdog77s

The talking heads confuse coaching consistency with draft success. They are currently ranting about Pittsburgh and New England's draft acumen. The real reason is that they both have system continuity. They can stick with a player that they've drafted and allow him to work properly in their system.

Joe Gibbs and company will give teams a real good first look at the new age of free agency. No one really knows what will happen in the future, so it's easy to proclaim falling skys, gloom and doom, and salary cap hellfires for Dan Snyder. The truth is, winning is the only thing that matters.

Our(Redskins) last go at free agency was disrupted by a change in coaching philosophy. This change created confusion and failure. A HOF coach has forced patience amongst both the fans and the ownership.

Once the Skins make it to the NFC championship game, all of the current naysayers will shut up and kiss Dan's feet.

Jason Campbell will be successfull. Continuity and stability create confidence and trust in the system.

Guest santana4prez
The talking heads confuse coaching consistency with draft success. They are currently ranting about Pittsburgh and New England's draft acumen. The real reason is that they both have system continuity. They can stick with a player that they've drafted and allow him to work properly in their system.

Joe Gibbs and company will give teams a real good first look at the new age of free agency. No one really knows what will happen in the future, so it's easy to proclaim falling skys, gloom and doom, and salary cap hellfires for Dan Snyder. The truth is, winning is the only thing that matters.

Our(Redskins) last go at free agency was disrupted by a change in coaching philosophy. This change created confusion and failure. A HOF coach has forced patience amongst both the fans and the ownership.

Once the Skins make it to the NFC championship game, all of the current naysayers will shut up and kiss Dan's feet.

Jason Campbell will be successfull. Continuity and stability create confidence and trust in the system.

Great Post that really was a nice read.HTTR

I know Mel likes to put in his :2cents: with who should go where ...of who did good and not so good type of deal.....I personally think the skins did good ...not great...not bad.....but the one thing Mel fails to take into consideration....where are we gonna get the money for all of these high picks we passed up on? we traded our first rounder and other picks to sign guys with big money....theres only so much money in the pot......I have to admit...I was kind of dissapointed we didnt go after a CB....but my guess is...we will sign one of the FA's out there to a one year deal.....snag someone who has game day experience vs signing a rookie to a three year deal and hope he blossoms within this system.... My :2cents:

Actually Davis had a very nice career at Auburn and had all the size/speed numbers you would want. I seem to remember he wasn't drafted until the 4th round due to injuries, fumbling problems, and a tendancy to run too upright.

Very true, Stephen Davis was considered a Heisman front runner BEFORE his last year. He fizzled though. I liked him a lot as a value draft pick, as a player I got tired off him especially after he got more expensive & fumbled away a couple of games.

Guest santana4prez
Very true, Stephen Davis was considered a Heisman front runner BEFORE his last year. He fizzled though. I liked him a lot as a value draft pick, as a player I got tired off him especially after he got more expensive & fumbled away a couple of games.

The Cowboy MNF game the Skins lost 7-9 in 2001 was Davis's fault for coughing the ball up when the Skins were wasting down the clock. I never forgot that game or the one where Stephen Davis coughed up the ball at the goalline and Aeneas Williams ran back 104 yds in the Cardinal game in 2000 that we lost. Other than that he was a great back for the Skins but those 2 plays still haunt me.

Archived