Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mel's grade of the Skins draft... C

bigdog77s

Washington Redskins: GRADE: C

The Redskins had only one pick on the first day, and that was used on Rocky McIntosh in the second round (No. 35 overall); McIntosh will come in and start at weakside linebacker. Last year, Washington traded picks in this draft to take QB Jason Campbell last year, and they traded their third-round pick this year to get WR Brandon Lloyd from the 49ers.

Ehh, at least he acknowledges what we did with our other 1st day picks.

well I understand we got other people from our draft picks, but I can also understand him giving us a low grade on this weekends draft simply cus we didn't have many picks to draft with.

the bills deserved an F

as with all draft picks time will tell. I was surprised by the safety pick in round one but impressed they were able to get A.Youboty from ohio st. he was rated first round talent by some. All these grades on the draft are complete bull anyway, mel is just saying teams did well or not based on his own mock draft.

Well I was just watching PYI and they made a good point. They didn't like the grades after the draft, like they don't like mock drafts. Personlly I like them, gives me hope and something to watch in off season. But there point is you could have given goo grade to teams drafting Akili Smith and people like Ryan Leaf. Takes time to find out. I don't know any of the guys we drafted late... But then again I didn't know anything Stephan Davis before he was drafted, or even after he was drafted (except he was pounded by Westbrook) He worked his was up to be a very good runner for us. And when he was good I didn't realize where he came from (5th round i believe?).

Point being no idea how good our draft is til a few years. Then again Do we look back grade our draft from 3 years ago?.. I just waiting for season to start.

But then again I didn't know anything Stephan Davis before he was drafted, or even after he was drafted (except he was pounded by Westbrook) He worked his was up to be a very good runner for us. And when he was good I didn't realize where he came from (5th round i believe?).

Actually Davis had a very nice career at Auburn and had all the size/speed numbers you would want. I seem to remember he wasn't drafted until the 4th round due to injuries, fumbling problems, and a tendancy to run too upright.

Actually Davis had a very nice career at Auburn and had all the size/speed numbers you would want. I seem to remember he wasn't drafted until the 4th round due to injuries, fumbling problems, and a tendancy to run too upright.

All I know is he was from Spartanburg, SC and it seems none our our in state teams can keep the in state talent here. They go to places like Auburn and the Florida teams.

mel didnt seem too on point this year with his mock draft. yeah he had us taking rocky, but his first round was no where near what actually happened. considering his job in life is to project that kind of stuff, he did a pretty bad job

mel didnt seem too on point this year with his mock draft. yeah he had us taking rocky, but his first round was no where near what actually happened. considering his job in life is to project that kind of stuff, he did a pretty bad job

yea you would think someone who gets paid a whole lot of money to spend all year predicting who takes who in a 2 day draft would at least get 3/4ths of the 1st round right.

Guest santana4prez

Sounds like it was a fair grade by Kiper since the Skins didnt have alot of picks and gave up a 2nd next year. Grade will improve if Rocky becomes a beast.

yea you would think someone who gets paid a whole lot of money to spend all year predicting who takes who in a 2 day draft would at least get 3/4ths of the 1st round right.

You know, I think you have a valid point there. I like the draft a lot, and admit I enjoy the time of year when you start hearing more from Kiper (because it means the draft and spring are approaching). But really when you look at his track record, I don't think its overly impressive. Yes, he talk about a lot of prospects, but anyone that watches a decent amount of college football can spout off the names of the likely players in the first few rounds. Yes Mel knows more than the casual fan, but I do think he gets more acclaim than his work and predictions probably merits.

So our draft really should look like this:

Rd #1- Jason Campbell, QB, Auburn

Rd. #2- Roger McIntosh, LB, Univ. of Miami

Rd. #3- Brandon Lloyd, WR, Illinois

Rd. #4- Traded

Rd. #5- Anthony Montgomery, DE, Minnesota

Rd. #6- Reid Doughty, S,

Doesn't look to shabby to me. I'd say it all hinges on how well Campbell does. Hopefully he turns out to be the real deal.

Archived