Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Admins- a little tech help

redman

Congrats on the new changes. The board continues to look better and better.

You've changed the appearance of everyone's handle on the posts. On my monitor at work, the letters look like red lines/characters with a white glow surrounding each one. I gather that that's the intended/default appearance, and it is easily legible.

However, on my laptop at home, all I see is the white glow, which is not very legible. What must I adjust to fix this?

I'll have our programmer look into this. You'll notice when it's fixed. What's the browser/version that you're experiencing the problems with?

You can change the colors in your UserCP in the Edit Profile section. At the very bottom you will notice "font color" - which is the actual text color - an "glow color" - which is the color highlighting the text - text fields.

You can use words (ie. yellow, red, blue, etc) or hex values (ie. #444300, 433000, etc) to change the appearance of your username to something more unique... like the functionality the UBB had.

Right now the white text with the red glow is the basic default.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15039

Redman, check out the above Bug Reports thread on this topic. Still some ironing out going on ...

Look at the bright side, at least you can tell who's who. Stuck on Netscape here at work, I can't see the User Names at all. Makes for interesting sorting through replies, not always knowing who said what. :)

[Edit: Ahem. DH types fast.]

Archived