Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After a night/day to take it all in.......

NoCalMike

Well, I kind of look at it like this. We have to remember that this year we are under a BRAND NEW offense, AND a BRAND NEW Defense. Everything about the schemes on both sides of the ball are completely new to EVERYONE. True, Shane Matthews knows the offense, but hasn't Chris Samuels been overheard saying even HE IS CONFUSED at times? I think maybe our expectations were set to high, and we may have another year like last year where we have to give it a few weeks for everyone to learn the system. I am not liking to admit this, as I am not wanting to start 1-4 or 1-5, HOPING to rebound, but honestly, would you rather have this year as a GROWING UP lesson for our team, or would you rather have us in a dogfight to go 9-7 and still miss the playoffs. If we can sacrifice this season as a LEARNING experience, if it helps us get a LOT BETTER next season, than I say, so be it....

As far as the defense goes, If Marvin Lewis wants to use Lavar like Ray Lewis, than I don't have a problem with it, EXCEPT, we need a DEFENSIVE LINE, like the RAVENS had, that will open up holes for Lavar. Our D-line RARELY demands a double-team so there is ALWAYS someone there to plug Lavar. I think also with Lavar EVERYONE's expectations are SO HIGH on him that we are looking for him to make a HUGE play, on EVERY DOWN. I know in week 1 and monday night, on virtually EVERY PLAY, until the ball was out of McNabb's hands, I was searching the TV screen for #56.

I am not sure how our team will fair, because our schedule becomes NASTY, after SF......I still say the road game at San Francisco is VERY WINNABLE, just because of the meltdown going on, with Garcia/Owens/Marriuchi.(I still say they are downplaying a lot of left over dissention) After frisco though it gets rough and nasty, and I don't want my emotions to get the best of me.(yah right)

The next two weeks after the SF game are an open week and then Tennessee ... both of which I would think will be easier then SF. :)

After that we will have a run of a few top opponents but, after watching Tennessee vs. the Cowboys I wouldn't count them as "nasty." If the Skins can regroup and come out of the first six games at .500 then they won't look too bad for the second half of the season.

If Monday night was an indication of how they're going to play ... it's gonna be a long season.

I thought we would be 2-1 after the first 3 weeks and I still believe that. Monday night games have been unbelievable for the Skins for years now. I BELIEVE that we will bounce back and win in SF. I BELIEVE that SS and Marvin will have a better game. Of course it would help if the players played better TOO!

We'll see what happens......I'm starting to feel a little better....but still feel like someone kicked me in the balls Monday night.

:pint:

Archived