Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Great Wolf Lodge

Extreme

This summer, my wife and i decided we would like to do something different than the usual for a vacation.

We have 2 kids now, a 3 month old son, and a 5 year old daughter, so our choices are fairly limited.

I heard an ad on the radio for the Great Wolf Lodge, and i checked out their site, but it's kinda sketchy on specific price details and such.

I guess what I'm asking, I theoretically, how much would it cost for 2 adults and 2 children for 2 days (Sat. and Sun.) for a basic room, food costs, tickets, etc.

Does anyone know? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd hate to go and not have nearly enough money for it. Also, has anyone been? If so, is it as awesome as the pics on the site make it seem, or is it a let down?

I just went there last weekend. Cost depends on the type of room you choose. We did the Kid Cabin...it has a little room that looks like a tent with bunk beds and a queen size bed. We got a discount through my wife's teachers association and it saved about $250 bucks for the two nights we were there. Without any special discounts expect to drop about $1000 for two nights stay....plus a couple hundred for food. Yes, it is expensive. But my son really liked the waterpark...we had a lot of fun...so I guess in that respect it was worth it.

101_0563.jpg

101_0537.jpg

101_0538.jpg

or read his post ^^^^^ :silly:

Ive never heard of it, so out of curiosity I googled them up. I found it pretty easy to find rates on the site. Theres alot of variables in pricing so I would go and put in a reservation request at the particular one your looking at with the stuff you would want to get your price. I kinda did a generic one for 2 adults 2 kids for 2 nights and it was arround 900 bucks, but I wasnt real specific on what kind of room I wanted so they might have given me a pent house suite for all I know :silly:

do all teachers get the discount, or was it something special for your wife?

I am not sure...it was offered through the Maryland State Teachers Association last January. You had to reserve before January 31st and had to stay there before Memorial Day Weekend.

I just went there last weekend. Cost depends on the type of room you choose. We did the Kid Cabin...it has a little room that looks like a tent with bunk beds and a queen size bed. We got a discount through my wife's teachers association and it saved about $250 bucks for the two nights we were there. Without any special discounts expect to drop about $1000 for two nights stay....plus a couple hundred for food. Yes, it is expensive. But my son really liked the waterpark...we had a lot of fun...so I guess in that respect it was worth it.

101_0563.jpg

101_0537.jpg

101_0538.jpg

thanks, it looks like my daughter would love it there....i was figuring on about a grand, because i heard it was pricy.......i just didn't want to go up there with $1,000 and need $2,000....thanks for the info and the pics.

i took the virtual tour online, it's mind boggling how they fit all that inside

Yes, and it doesn't feel too cramped inside either. Warning - there is a "family waterslide"....my son, wife, and myself went down it. You ride the slide (enclosed tube) on a round raft. It LOOKED tame... :laugh: That raft was flying!!! Scared the heck out of my son...but...He had a great time depite Dad taking him on that. :laugh:

The wave pool, lazy river and large playhouse thing seem to be the most popular with the kids.

Yes, and it doesn't feel too cramped inside either. Warning - there is a "family waterslide"....my son, wife, and myself went down it. You ride the slide (enclosed tube) on a round raft. It LOOKED tame... :laugh: That raft was flying!!! Scared the heck out of my son...but...He had a great time depite Dad taking him on that. :laugh:

The wave pool, lazy river and large playhouse thing seem to be the most popular with the kids.

that's awesome, gotta go on that :laugh:

The one here was their second one built and is very nice. I am partial to the other two indoor waterparks in town. Kalahari is AMAZING.

Anyway, I just wanted chime in to say indoor waterparks are very worth it. You will have great weather for a day at the waterpark no matter what. You could spend a lot of $$$$ on an amusement park and end up getting soaked with a rain storm the weather man didn't tell you about.

There is one in Williamsburg, which have had friends go and they recommend

the place. For me, it's too close to home.

If go to the one in Williamsburg I recommend going down the street to Pierce's Barbeque.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah....I found out about Pierces a week AFTER I go to Great Wolf...just my luck! :doh:

Fess up RJ - you were the one who was scared, not your son ;)

Thanks for the info. We're planning on going towards the end of this year and it's good to hear a nice review of the place.

Fess up RJ - you were the one who was scared, not your son ;)

Thanks for the info. We're planning on going towards the end of this year and it's good to hear a nice review of the place.

Alright, Altright...I admit...I was screaming like a little girl! :laugh: :laugh:

That slide was fast! :(

:laugh:

Archived