Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pete or Larry?

The 12th Commandment

NMSU, my alma mater, and a presence here in our little villa, has changed their mascot. They went from "Pistol Pete" who I grew up with, six shooters and all to "Lasso Larry" apparently a more politically correct figure. To be fair he doesn't look quite so much like OSU's mascot which was one of the reasons they used to justify changing him. I don't know who had him first. But the firearms issue came into play as well.

Fact is we don't play OSU and it has never been an issue. We have a new Pres who is bound and determined to change the universities image he's changed the logo as well. A lot of people are pissed about the new one and his mighty lasso. Frankly, I think Larry looks like Brokeback Sadam. Just for fun which one do you all think is cooler. We haven't been any good at anything since the early nineties (bball) but there is tradition involved, after all we were Playboy's worst football team in America a few years back.:)

Pistol%20Pete.jpg

Pete

larry.jpg

Larry

Well, putting aside the fact that pistol pete looks ridiculous, I'm saddened that they feel the need to remove the pistols. Enough anti-gun BS.

They should have given him a M-60 as he held the belt of ammunition. I know it would have been anachronistic!

Well, putting aside the fact that pistol pete looks ridiculous, I'm saddened that they feel the need to remove the pistols. Enough anti-gun BS.

They should have given him a M-60 as he held the belt of ammunition. I know it would have been anachronistic!

You know, this is the west, and it isn't all that far removed from the wild. But "progress" reaches everywhere eventually I suppose...even here.

Machine Pistol Pete? :wtf::D

Archived