Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Jai Lewis Auditioning for NFL Teams Thursday (4/20/06)

CPstretch

For everyone that doubts me, I go to school with him, he is a beast. In basketball he posted up on everyone and backed them up constantly with all the "experts" saying he will get dominated. I promise you he will make a great tight end mark my word

For everyone that doubts me, I go to school with him, he is a beast. In basketball he posted up on everyone and backed them up constantly with all the "experts" saying he will get dominated. I promise you he will make a great tight end mark my word
He is a beast in what way? I believe you when you say he was good in basketball, but why are you so confident in him when it comes to football?

I too go to school with him and I even have a class with him this semester, and I will admit the guy is big and probably really strong, BUT I think the guy is not cut out for the NFL and will not get drafted AT ALL (mark my words) because he is not close to an Antonio Gates or Tony Gonzalez, who actually played some ball in their college years. Another thing is that the guy does not have NFL speed because NFL speed compared to college basketball speed is a huuuuge difference, and I think the only think that will make him look good is his height ---> THAT'S IT!!! :2cents:

He has great hands as was seen in the NCAA tourney, I don't think he'll make any team's roster this year but I believe if he was signed to the Skins practice squad and given a year of conditioning to get him in shape he has the potential to make an impact in the future.

Bump

Just woke up and saw the interview with Jai on SportsRise on SportsNet. The dude has an incrediable background. Lacorsse player, punter TE and a host of other postions playing football. And the dude has a football attitude. And whoever gets him is going to get a good player. Is he going to be Gates or Tony G., whoknows I just know he aint going to be know trash.

He has great hands as was seen in the NCAA tourney,QUOTE]

Having good hands in basketball and having good hands in football are two different things. For one, the velocity on the ball is much different. The last time he caught a football it was probably from a mediocre high school QB. Now hes catching from the best of the best who can wing it. And just because he posted up on college basketball players does not mean he can do the same to NFL linebackers. He doesnt have the straight ahead speed thats necessary and also is extremely small in the lower body. He can bang in basketball but is he built for the collision sport that is football? We will see...

Lot of things going against him in getting drafted. First of all, this says he's 6'5". I thought he was 6'7". Second, at 290 lbs., heck even if he go tdown to 280, that would make him the biggest TE in the league. He better be able to block, thats all Im saying. Third, he cant possible expect to work out for four days and then be ready to get timed and measured. Thats risky.

Archived