Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone suggest a decent hotel near DCA,(Cheap!)

Skinsfan1311

We're headed to Grand Cayman, in late July. I live ~10 minutes, from BWI, however, I found killer airfare out of Reagan Intl,(DCA), so I'm gonna make the hour drive.

I have read that parking is a pain, and limited, at Reagan Int'l. I'm looking to find a decent,(cheap!), hotel nearby. The plan is to stay the night before, take the airport shuttle,and leave the vehicle while we vacation.

Even if I could park at the airport, the rate would be around $63.00 for the week, so I'd be willing to pay a few more bucks to stay at a hotel, and use their parking.

Any tips, hints or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

You can park in the economy parking lot at DCA and take a shuttle over to the terminal...I do it all of the time and it is really easy. Way cheaper than a hotel.

That's my preferred method, and a real possibility....my only concern is that everytime I visit the DCA web-site, the same message scrolls across the top, "Parking nearing capacity call for more info" My fear is to pull up to the lot, only to have it full and I have nowhere to go.

Think that's a possibility, on a Sunday a.m. in July? Thanks!

That's my preferred method, and a real possibility....my only concern is that everytime I visit the DCA web-site, the same message scrolls across the top, "Parking nearing capacity call for more info" My fear is to pull up to the lot, only to have it full and I have nowhere to go.

Think that's a possibility, on a Sunday a.m. in July? Thanks!

No..I don't think that's a possibility at all.....I have left DCA probably close to a hundred times and have never run into a full lot at the Economy parking. I usually find a spot in the first few rows although the lot is pretty full. I flew out to Vegas on New Years Eve (Sat morning) and even though the terminal was busy there was plenty of room to park in the economy lot. A lot of people don't even know about or care to use the economy lot...they park in the parking garages and pay Snyder like rates per day...I guess because they don't want to be bothered with the shuttle bus. The shuttle bus ride is actually quite a bit shorter than the ride to the long term lots at BWI

No..I don't think that's a possibility at all.....I have left DCA probably close to a hundred times and have never run into a full lot at the Economy parking. I usually find a spot in the first few rows although the lot is pretty full. I flew out to Vegas on New Years Eve (Sat morning) and even though the terminal was busy there was plenty of room to park in the economy lot. A lot of people don't even know about or care to use the economy lot...they park in the parking garages and pay Snyder like rates per day...I guess because they don't want to be bothered with the shuttle bus. The shuttle bus ride is actually quite a bit shorter than the ride to the long term lots at BWI

You've answered the $100,000.00 question. We'll do the economy parking. I went ahead and booked the return flight.....I'm saving around $500.00 flying out of DCA. (That'll pay for my diving, all week!).

Thanks, again!! I can always count on my ES brethren! Hope to see you at one of the tailgates....the Maker's is on me!

Archived