Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gerris Wilkinson

randythesofine

Assuming we pick up a DB in Free agency, I would love to see us pick up this guy. From the scouting report he just seems like a Greg Williams player. With the depth of linebackers in this draft he would be there at our pick.

Gerris Wilkinson Height: 6-3 | Weight: 233 | 40-Time: 4.72

Strengths:

Has good size and the frame to get bigger...Very athletic...Fast and quick with good range...An outstanding run defender...Big hitter and solid tackler who packs a punch...Smart with good instincts...A superb pass rusher and blitzer...Extremely versatile and has experience at inside linebacker and outside linebacker as well as defensive end...Was very productive...Still has a lot of potential and promise.

Weaknesses:

Coverage skills leave a lot to be desired but he has the physical tools to get better...Needs to get stronger and pack on some weight...Bounced around and has never been able to focus his attention on mastering one position...Raw.

Notes:

Could project to either inside or outside linebacker at the pro level...An interesting prospect who still has some upside once he can commit to a single position and be allowed to develop...Playmaker who could end up being a steal for someone.

Is that the only thing that you can find wrong with this guy? Hell send him to D. Green's Speed Camp.

I know nothing else about this guy, but a slow linebacker is usually of little value. There are many DE's who run better than a 4.72. LB's have to run with RB's and WR's who have elite speed.

I watched just about every college game he played at Georgia Tech. He's very SOLID. Great pass rusher, a big hitter, doesn't miss tackles, and makes plays in the backfield pretty often. He started at defensive end before.

I actually thought he was a very good coverage LB at Georgia Tech. What they're saying is false. Jon Tenuta's system put A LOT of responsibility on him as a coverage LB. So he did get beat some, but he's a great coverage LB. He stayed out there on passing downs and would cover the slot WR. Jon Tenuta runs a lot of zone, he'd get hands on a lot of balls. And he never stops moving, he may run a 4.72, but he makes a lot of plays following the ball downfield. Very smart football player. He'd be a great pickup for us.

Archived